Galaxie Journals

Dr. Nathan Parker

How many of you are subscribing to the Galaxie Theological Journal Library at Galaxie.com? 

How many of you would buy the latest releases of the Galaxie Theological Journal Library if we were to offer the remaining volumes needed to bring it up-to-date?

Longer-term: How many of you would be interested in an "automated purchase" option if we could release new volumes each year where you could automatically have your card charged and the new volumes released to you when they became available (I'm not proposing a traditional "subscription" where you'd "rent" the content, but that each year's purchase is simply "automated" so you wouldn't have to worry about buying the new journals when released. If you ever "canceled" it, you'd get to keep the journals you paid for up through the last purchase, but you wouldn't get any new journals until you purchase them). 

For those that don't have the Galaxie Theological Journal Library yet in Accordance, after we would potentially have the library up-to-date with the latest, would you be interested in a "renting" option (similar to what Galaxie.com offers), or would you only be interested in owning them (with the option to buy them on a payment plan)?

Thanks!

• Like 2

Any automated payment option would need to be scheduled and for a pre determined amount. Like “$50 on the first of January”. This way it can be worked into a budget. This does not mean the content has to be released all on that day. Quarterly updates would probably build confidence in the service/product.

Love the ownership model. I would be highly likely to invest in the current journal package and pay a said yearly fee to keep it up to date. 

Thanks for the feedback!

I don't subscribe to Galaxie. I would buy a journals update in Accordance. Not certain about automated payments though generally not keen on that as a process. I prefer owning instead of renting. 

• Like 2

I agree with @JonathanHuber, I am definitely interested in an update of the Theological Journal Library (I have even used it in my dissertation). I am not fond of the idea of a subscription or renting them.

If I could purchase only the updates, that would be good.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback! For those wanting to purchase updates, all I can say is "stay tuned".

• Like 2

On 6/12/2023 at 8:30 PM, Nathan Parker said:

How many of you are subscribing to the Galaxie Theological Journal Library at Galaxie.com? 

How many of you would buy the latest releases of the Galaxie Theological Journal Library if we were to offer the remaining volumes needed to bring it up-to-date?

Longer-term: How many of you would be interested in an "automated purchase" option if we could release new volumes each year where you could automatically have your card charged and the new volumes released to you when they became available (I'm not proposing a traditional "subscription" where you'd "rent" the content, but that each year's purchase is simply "automated" so you wouldn't have to worry about buying the new journals when released. If you ever "canceled" it, you'd get to keep the journals you paid for up through the last purchase, but you wouldn't get any new journals until you purchase them). 

For those that don't have the Galaxie Theological Journal Library yet in Accordance, after we would potentially have the library up-to-date with the latest, would you be interested in a "renting" option (similar to what Galaxie.com offers), or would you only be interested in owning them (with the option to buy them on a payment plan)?

Thanks!

I had access to it thanks to the Seminary I was attending, but after my enrollment ended so did my access. I relied on it quite a bit for various papers I wrote and I incorporated it into my sermon prep process as well.

I would be interested in buying the up-to-date version of the Library with the option of a payment plan (I don't own the current Accordance edition of the product), however, I would not be interested in automated purchasing, subscriptions, or renting.

Thanks for the feedback!

We're looking to see if we can at least release some additional years of the journals (as an upgrade price at a good deal, no subscriptions). In the meantime, anyone who doesn't have the archives of them that can still benefit from them (and there are still a ton of riches in there) will want to check their email sometime this week...

• Like 1

I would definitely be interested in either purchase or purchase w/payment plan.

Noticed Logos is up to ‘Library 25’.

Prefer to stay in Accordance.

Thanks for asking!

Rich

• Like 1

Thanks!

On 6/12/2023 at 9:30 PM, Nathan Parker said:

Journals are one of my favorite resources in Accordance. We're now 11 years behind. When the journals were first released, this was one of Accordance's best sellers. Please make this a priority. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

They're my favorite and most-used resource in Accordance. I'll keep pushing for updates. I may have to learn module development myself someday just to see if I could produce some. :-)