A Greek-English Lexicon of the Septuagint

Barbara Beyer

Hi,

this lexicon would be great to have in Accordance:

Muraoka, Takamitsu, A Greek-English Lexicon of the Septuagint, Leuven: Peeters, 2009.

ISBN 9789042922488

• Like 3

Got it. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

+1

Multiple requests for this over the years, too. Peeters Publishing hasn’t so far licensed it electronically to anyone. Anyone have a connection there?

That would help for sure.

I don't have any contacts with Peeters myself, but I just contacted Dr. Muraoka (who I've corresponded with before) to see if he'd be willing to put us in contact with Peeters and advocate for this resource's development for Accordance. He may be able to help us out, and I'll follow up if I hear back from him.

1 hour ago, Benjamin Noonan said:

I don't have any contacts with Peeters myself, but I just contacted Dr. Muraoka (who I've corresponded with before) to see if he'd be willing to put us in contact with Peeters and advocate for this resource's development for Accordance. He may be able to help us out, and I'll follow up if I hear back from him.

👍

Sounds good!

On 6/12/2023 at 9:41 AM, Barbara Beyer said:

Hi,

this lexicon would be great to have in Accordance:

Muraoka, Takamitsu, A Greek-English Lexicon of the Septuagint, Leuven: Peeters, 2009.

ISBN 9789042922488

It is my understanding that the publisher does not want to release it in digital form, and that is why the other guys do not have it either.

Possibly. We can look into it.

• 2 weeks later...

Dr. Muraoka wasn't willing to serve as an advocate to Peeters, in part because he has several forthcoming books with them and doesn't want to get caught in the middle with extra requests like this. So, that's disappointing.

I haven't heard about Peeters not wanting to make it available electronically, as Reformed Doc mentioned. However, it's still probably worth asking. Peeters does have ebooks for sale, so they aren't entirely opposed to the concept. They may be willing to make it available for Accordance if they understand (1) they'll get people to buy the book that might not get it otherwise, and (2) making it available for Accordance won't affect their profit.

Historically, Peeters has refused to make any of their titles available for digital purchase. I tried for years to get the HCOT.