List of what is supposed to be working

Anthony Estes

I’m grateful for 3.4.1. However, there are yet things I’m noticing that aren’t working the way I’d expect. 

is there anyway to have a comprehensive list of what should be working on iOS?

for example, if tapping on a user note is not supposed to do anything right now because it hasn’t been fixed, even in 3.4.1, is there s way for us to know that? 

I believe my posture could be read as if I’m being negative, and I sincerely don’t mean to be. I’m just looking for a better way of know what the Dev team expects users to experience so I can know if my experience is sub-par. 

• Like 1

We post release notes with each App Store update, as well as I generally try to post them under "Accordance Announcements" here so you're aware of the changes with each update.

If you're encounter anything that isn't working, definitely let us know, and I'll file a bug report on it. If you also want to test out new app updates before we release them, I can also add you to our mobile beta test program if you're interested.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2023 at 5:35 PM, Nathan Parker said:

We post release notes with each App Store update, as well as I generally try to post them under "Accordance Announcements" here so you're aware of the changes with each update.

If you're encounter anything that isn't working, definitely let us know, and I'll file a bug report on it. If you also want to test out new app updates before we release them, I can also add you to our mobile beta test program if you're interested.

I’d like that. I have an iPad that I’m not using and I could use that for beta testing. 

• Like 1

I think Anthony has a point.

With everything going on it's hard to keep track of which features originally advertised for version 14 are now a functional part of a released version and which are yet to be so. Of course everyone has their own definition of functional, but for my purposes I suppose I mean something like this: apart from bugs the feature  functions as  intended when advertised. So it does not mean fully and ideally functional; perhaps I could say foundationally functional.

This is a different thing than accounting for things as either bugs or not bugs.

I say all this without having gone back and documented all that was advertised. I speak in a conceptual sense. The Accordance team knows what was advertised.

I imagine a thread could be started that has a list of all advertised features, each feature marked in some way as functional or not yet implemented. It would be immediately clear to all where things stand, one would not have to do research to figure it out.

It is understood that software developers are usually not in a position to give a release timetable for features where implementation is not imminent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnABarnett said:

With everything going on it's hard to keep track of which features originally advertised for version 14 are now a functional part of a released version and which are yet to be so. Of course everyone has their own definition of functional, but for my purposes I suppose I mean something like this: apart from bugs the feature  functions as  intended when advertised. So it does not mean fully and ideally functional; perhaps I could say foundationally functional.

John has captured the kernel of my thought here. And to this point, I don't recall seeing anything that advertised the capabilities of Accordance 3.4 on mobile. What I expected was generally improved syncing (I think that was promised), and better User Notes and Tools). I'm not sure about anything else. For example, I was excited when I saw the post about Easy Answers because I use the equivalent in the other software program. I used it for the first time today, only to sync, and see that my answers I wrote on Mac, or not visible on iPad.

A list of what's functioning more or less and what still has to be done would be helpful, at least to me, so I know how to manage my emotions and my purchases. If I had known that easy answers wasn't supported in mobile, I would have purchased the module in Logos, as I teach from my iPad or iPhone most of the time. I love Accordance and the bulk of my work is done in and with it. I'm not going anywhere. :)

• Like 2

@Anthony Estes DM me your Apple ID and we'll get you added to the iPad beta.

@JohnABarnett These features are supposed to be working in the latest version of Accordance (if you encounter any bugs, let us know): https://www.accordancebible.com/accordance-14/ 

Enhanced syncing will come in 14.1, Accordance Cloud likely later this year.

Those are for desktop. For mobile I'd have to see some other release notes.

• Like 1