keyboard shortcut to jump chapters

Mike Atnip

I know the shortcut to jump to the next verse is (Windows) CTRL+Down arrow. Is there a shortcut to jump to the next chapter? I cannot find that option in the keyboard shortcuts but maybe I am missing it?

Good question. I'll see if someone else has an answer. I haven't tried it.

6 hours ago, Mike Atnip said:

Is there a shortcut to jump to the next chapter?

Ctrl+Alt+Down Arrow seems to be working for me on Windows 10 with Accordance 13.3.4.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Steven S said:

Ctrl+Alt+Down Arrow seems to be working for me on Windows 10 with Accordance 13.3.4.

That did it! Maybe Nathan can get the developers to add this into the help files or the settings or somewhere where it can be found easily. Or perhaps it is there and I just missed it. I do not think I personally will have a need for "jump to next book" keyboard shortcut, but that could be added as well if there is one. Thanks!

41 minutes ago, Mike Atnip said:

Or perhaps it is there and I just missed it.

I'm pretty sure I learned about that shortcut working through the tutorials (although, ATM, I don't remember which one). But I did find a list of these shortcuts in the help system under the Keyboard Shortcuts section of Navigate Search Results.

However, there might be an error in that table. The last two entries talk about advancing the text forward/back 10 times using Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Up/Down Arrow. But in my experience, that key combination advances 10 chapters at a time. To advance 10 verses at a time, one has to release the Alt key and use Shift+Ctrl+Up/Down Arrow.

Thanks for the feedback! We'll see if we need to make any help file tweaks.

11 hours ago, Steven S said:

I'm pretty sure I learned about that shortcut working through the tutorials (although, ATM, I don't remember which one). But I did find a list of these shortcuts in the help system under the Keyboard Shortcuts section of Navigate Search Results.

However, there might be an error in that table. The last two entries talk about advancing the text forward/back 10 times using Shift+Ctrl+Alt+Up/Down Arrow. But in my experience, that key combination advances 10 chapters at a time. To advance 10 verses at a time, one has to release the Alt key and use Shift+Ctrl+Up/Down Arrow.

Okay, playing around I come up with this; text and tools a bit different response.

In Text:                                                                             In tool (like Strongs)

CTRL+down: one verse down                                        CTRL+down: One entry down

CTRL+SHIFT+down: ten verses down                          CTRL+SHIFT+down: ten entries down

CTRL+ALT+down: Next chapter down                          CTRL+ALT+down: Next hit down

CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+down: ten chapters down              CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+down: ten hits down (or the last hit if less than 10.

Now, I can copy this somewhere for quick reference. 🙂

Edited by Mike Atnip
hit post accidentally
  • Like 1

I should have said "articles" instead of "entries."