GO TO and Quick-Click jumps to wrong location

Victor Watford

When I enter an OT scripture in the GO TO search box, or make a selection in Quick-Click, it jumps to the right location, then immediately jumps to a wrong location. Also, while scrolling in the OT it will jump to another location by itself. This does not happen on my iOS devices. How can I fix it?

I am using Accordance 14.0.5 on:

macOS Catalina 10.15.7, 27 inch late 2013. 3.5 GHz Quad-core intel i7, 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

iPad Gen 10 iPadOS 16.4.1

iPhone7 12ProMax iOS 16.4.1

2nd monitor TCL 32 inch tv

• Sad 1

Usually this happens because you have a word or verse search in the Search Entry box. Then it's only going to jump to the nearest possible verse based on your search. I know, because I've done this more times in 20+ years of working with Accordance than anyone on these forums 🙂

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Haha 3

@Mark Allison (and @R. Mansfield) have me way beat on being longtime Accordance users. They were using it while I was still a child.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Victor Watford said:

When I enter an OT scripture in the GO TO search box, or make a selection in Quick-Click, it jumps to the right location, then immediately jumps to a wrong location. Also, while scrolling in the OT it will jump to another location by itself. This does not happen on my iOS devices. How can I fix it?

I am using Accordance 14.0.5 on:

macOS Catalina 10.15.7, 27 inch late 2013. 3.5 GHz Quad-core intel i7, 32 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

iPad Gen 10 iPadOS 16.4.1

iPhone7 12ProMax iOS 16.4.1

2nd monitor TCL 32 inch tv

Are you saying that it's like the system inserts extra clicks on its own?

If so, try using a different mouse if you have access to another one.

I have one with a faulty clicker that produces those kinds of effects.

• Sad 1

This happens whether I use my track pad, the enter key, or the Quick-Click feature. It only happens when I go to an OT verse. It does it in several different translations, ESV, NASB, etc. It is as if the system somehow inserts a click of it's own. I can usually click on the little back arrow next to the GO TO window and get back to the scripture I wanted, but not always.  

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Victor Watford said:

It only happens when I go to an OT verse

As frustrating as this is, it is diagnostically helpful. I had a Macbook Pro and had horrible trackpad issues where it would randomly click and such. It was really horrible and I was thinking you might have a similar issue. However, given that it is ONLY in the OT pretty much confirms that it is a bug and nothing with your hardware, which is good.

@Victor Watford When you have a moment, go ahead and email Tech Support on this one. That way we can collect some additional info from you.