BDAG not in the Greek Lexicons section

Lawrence

System: Windows 11, Accordance 14.0.5

The default 'install everything' seems to have put BDAG outside the Greek Lexicons section:

image.thumb.png.cdc2997846140d95f9f4024a01e70ebc.png

I found it by scrolling down past the section names, together with a whole bunch of other resources.

I didn't pay attention to whether I installed everything at once or whether I did it in stages, but I didn't pull all the resources out of the section headings. I'm also not sure whether it was a straight v.14.0.5 installation or an upgrade from 14.0.4. A full installation takes awhile and can sometimes choke, so I'm not keen to test it out by uninstalling and reinstalling the lot right at the moment as I have an essay due soon.

Just wondering whether this was specific to my setup, or has anyone else experienced this de-categorising of resources?

1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

System: Windows 11, Accordance 14.0.5

The default 'install everything' seems to have put BDAG outside the Greek Lexicons section:

image.thumb.png.cdc2997846140d95f9f4024a01e70ebc.png

I found it by scrolling down past the section names, together with a whole bunch of other resources.

I didn't pay attention to whether I installed everything at once or whether I did it in stages, but I didn't pull all the resources out of the section headings. I'm also not sure whether it was a straight v.14.0.5 installation or an upgrade from 14.0.4. A full installation takes awhile and can sometimes choke, so I'm not keen to test it out by uninstalling and reinstalling the lot right at the moment as I have an essay due soon.

Just wondering whether this was specific to my setup, or has anyone else experienced this de-categorising of resources?

@Lawrence

I've had this happen to me on more than one occasion.  Especially during the early release of v14 when I had to uninstall/reinstall due to various bug issues.

• Like 1

Yes, I have this happen fairly often as well. It's irritating, but easy enough to move the resource to your preferred location. 

• Like 1

This has happened to me. I've reported it, but I'll also send in your report so we can know it's happening to other users.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. Since it seems to be an intermittent bug, I might wait for 14.1 to do a full reinstallation.

Accessing BDAG through the Library search is probably the easiest workaround for now.

What happens when you right-click on BDAG in your library and click "show in library"? 

Where is it stored? 

And if you drag it into Greek Lexicons does it not stay there?

It's happened to me before too. Have you tried going to preferences>appearance and clicking "organize tools by category?" That fixed the issue for me.

• Thanks 1

That fixes the issue, but it also wipes out any other customizations you might have, so use that feature carefully. :-) 

On 5/30/2023 at 11:14 AM, Douglas Fyfe said:

What happens when you right-click on BDAG in your library and click "show in library"? 

Where is it stored? 

And if you drag it into Greek Lexicons does it not stay there?

When I right-click on BDAG in the library, the "show in library" option is greyed out. BDAG ended up in an uncategorised mess under the Tools folders. I didn't drag it into Greek Lexicons because it was only one of many that would have needed reorganisation. @Sean Nelson's recommendation fixed the mess. BDAG and the other resources are back in their default locations, and accessible in the expected place from the "+" tab.

image.png.685fc499c44bd66c2b7a820fb6527481.png

On 5/30/2023 at 7:50 PM, Sean Nelson said:

It's happened to me before too. Have you tried going to preferences>appearance and clicking "organize tools by category?" That fixed the issue for me.

That did the trick. Thanks!

• Like 1

"Show in Library" is grayed out unless you're actually searching for the module. It doesn't become active under "Recently Opened" at the moment. We could add that as a feature request, as it has confused even some of us employees. :-) 

• Like 2