User Notes Don’t Always Save.

David Rodriguez

I use my iPad regularly to write up user notes and it’s happened several times now that my notes are not saved after clicking “Done.” I am finding myself now having to “copy” the entire note before clicking “Done” just in case it doesn’t save so I don’t lose all of my notes and can “Paste” my notes back. I’ve noticed this happens when I edit an existing note and can’t remember if it’s happened when adding an entirely new note. Is this a known bug and will there be a fix in a future release?

iPadOS Version 16.5

Model iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd Generation)

Accordance 3.4.0

• Sad 1

Thanks for the report! This is the first time I've heard about this. I'll try testing it myself. Has anyone else experienced this?

• 1 month later...

I noticed this last night, and the only way to get notes to save reliably was to create a new notes file. Has there been a format update to notes files so that the old format will not work with the latest iOS/iPadOS version? Did I miss something?

Not that I'm aware of. Are all of your notes in .amynotes format?

• 7 months later...

This has been happening to me for the past year (iOS). I now write notes in my notes app. The user notes in Accordance has been very unreliable.   My “my mobile notes” notes will not save new notes and will not show up in the instant preview (there’s a note icon but nothing happens when I tap). My “mobile notes” can be saved but all my previous notes are in “my mobile notes”. I’m scared to merge the notes as that might create more problems. 

Can anyone figure out particular/consistent steps to reproduce this, or is this completely intermittent?

• 1 month later...

This literally just happened to me. I wrote out an entire sermon in my notes, and it just disappeared! 

in the first photo, you can see the note icon next the the header for Psalm 130. Then after closing it, I couldn’t access it. So I restarted the app, and the not was completely gone.

IMG_0012.png

IMG_0013.png

IMG_0014.png

IMG_0015.png

• Sad 1