Allowing/Offering Ebooks

David Rodriguez

There are so many books available in ebook format that are not available on Accordance. I understand that Accordance modules and ebooks are very different and that because of the long process for converting them to modules and any publishing rights that need to be squared away first they aren’t on Accordance. However, I would be ok if we can get ebook versions offered and useable on Accordance, even if they cannot be used like modules. In current state I am forced to buy on kindle because I want to read the book, but I would much rather buy it on Accordance to have everything in one place and also support Accordance vs supporting Amazon through Kindle. You can add a tag if a book is merely an ebook or if it’s a module on the details page when making a purchase. I suspect others would love to see this as well.

Edited by David Rodriguez
  • Like 1

We’re looking into an option that would allow our module developers to take existing ePUB files and bring them into Accordance a little faster. I’m not sure of the details there yet, but if you start to notice more modules showing up under new releases, you know we’ve got it going. 🙂 

• Like 2

Note that there are services online to convert PDFs to ePUBs, so that greatly expands the resources available to you. Disclaimer: I don't know how good they are.

I know PDFs can be imported into Accordance, but it still requires a lot of manual fixing, in my experience.

17 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

We’re looking into an option that would allow our module developers to take existing ePUB files and bring them into Accordance a little faster. I’m not sure of the details there yet, but if you start to notice more modules showing up under new releases, you know we’ve got it going. 🙂 

I’m hoping this is implemented sooner rather than later, in the meantime I’ll continue to pick up books on Kindle.