Pages Fill Screen not working as expected?

Anthony Estes

I routinely work with the app on my mobile devices, and sometimes I find it frustrating to tap the screen to bring up the toolbar. More often than not, I end up cueing instant details. So I went through the help articles and found “Pages fill screen.” Based on the description, what I expect is that the toolbars at the top and bottom will persistently be visible, which is something I would want outside of a ‘safe zone’ where I could tap the screen without activating instant details.  However, when I have pages fill screen on, it still toggles the toolbar off and on, they do not remain persistently on the screen.  Am I missing something or is this another bug?

• Like 1

What version of the app and iOS and Apple hardware edition? Can you also elaborate a little more on what you’re trying to do? I’ll see if I can test it.

I’m on a iPad Pro 3rd generation. Accordance is 3.4.0, build no. 3.3.9.04.  What I’m hoping for is the top and bottom toolbars to remain on the screen using the pages fill screen option turned off if I’m understanding how the toggle is working.  That way when I scroll a text or tool, the toolbar is always visible. In other words, I want my experience to look like my screenshot all the time without me having to tap somehow here on the screen to show the toolbars, which in tagged texts always calls up instant details (depending on landscape or portrait mode, font size, etc…)

IMG_0125.png

Thanks! I don’t think that’s a feature in the app yet. I’ll add it as a feature request.

18 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Thanks! I don’t think that’s a feature in the app yet. I’ll add it as a feature request.

Maybe it's a feature that isn't working.

IMG_0146.jpeg

Thanks for those notes. Let me show this one to my teams.

i find it frustrating to use accordance on ipad because of this exact issue! hopefully we are getting an updated ipad version closer to desktop.

• Like 1

It's even worse on the iPhone app because the screen is so much smaller. 

• Like 2

I echo Robb’s and David’s sentiments. It’s been difficult to use the mobile apps for this reason so I decided to see if there was a workaround only to find that the feature wasn’t working properly. It’s all good. I’m just glad I’m not the only one experiencing it. 

Thanks for bringing this to the team, Nathan!

• Like 1

I’m having our teams look into it. Either they or I will reply back here when we have an update.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Something that has made using iOS bearable is disabling the instant details click. Now I have to long press to pull up instant details, which I’m ok with in order to avoid clicking a million times hoping to not select something to bring up the top and bottom toolbar. To disable, you go to Settings > Instant Details > Single Tap for Details (toggle off) 

10 hours ago, David Rodriguez said:

Something that has made using iOS bearable is disabling the instant details click. Now I have to long press to pull up instant details, which I’m ok with in order to avoid clicking a million times hoping to not select something to bring up the top and bottom toolbar. To disable, you go to Settings > Instant Details > Single Tap for Details (toggle off) 

Just tried this! This is excellent (and may be even preferable to what I was suggesting).

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/26/2023 at 10:02 AM, Anthony Estes said:

I echo Robb’s and David’s sentiments. It’s been difficult to use the mobile apps for this reason so I decided to see if there was a workaround only to find that the feature wasn’t working properly. It’s all good. I’m just glad I’m not the only one experiencing it. 

Sorry for the long delay, it appears that the Help information on Settings > General > Pages Fill Screen is inaccurate/confusing.

This setting is for Page turning (using the shortened "Pages") and is a "General" way to set Text Module's Quick Settings > Page Turning > Fill Screen:

• Tap Page Turning: to turn on horizontal page-by-page navigation. Tap the arrow to the right of the Page Turning button to enable other page view options, including:
    • Enable Columns: Tap to enable columns in Page Turning view.
    • # of Columns: Tap the down or up arrows to decrease or increase the number of columns displayed. 
    • Fill Screen: Tap to hide the upper and lower toolbars and expand the reading area to fill the entire screen.

This is a more appropriate way to describe the option. It has nothing to do with hiding the toolbars.

Thank you for pointing this out, we will update the help description soon.

On 6/7/2023 at 5:18 AM, David Rodriguez said:

We have made "Single Tap for Details" improvements in the latest internal TestFlight and hope to go external soon. This Accordance Mobile option, desktop's Live Click, and other features have "exposed" some of these white space / selection inconsistencies that we hope to address soon.

• Like 2

Hi Mike. This is great. I think the clarification and the work on "single tap for details" will help tremendously. I can not tell you how many times in the middle of teaching with my ipad that I've had to tap to get the toolbar up. Thanks for your work!

@Anthony Estes I'll let you know when we release a beta of this and have you download it and test it for us.

Actually good news is you'll get a notification in your TestFlight app when the beta posts. I wasn't getting them in my app, but it turns out my notifications were disabled.