I would love to get Vocabulary of the Greek Testament: Student Edition (VGNTS) in Accordance!

Jon Ball

Allan T. Loder, a student of Greek, has been updating what seems like an incredibly useful resource for those of us studying Koine and translating from it: Vocabulary of the Greek Testament, first put together by Moulton and Milligan in the early 20th century. Loder has created (and is still expanding) the Student Edition (VGNTS).

Here is Loder's brief and illuminating video explanation of his project. As a PhD student this would be extremely useful to me, and I would think to many who are working with the original languages:

https://dailydoseofgreek.com/greek-resources/revision-and-update-of-moulton-milligan-3/

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jon Ball said:

Allan T. Loder, a student of Greek, has been updating what seems like an incredibly useful resource for those of us studying Koine and translating from it: Vocabulary of the Greek Testament, first put together by Moulton and Milligan in the early 20th century. Loder has created (and is still expanding) the Student Edition (VGNTS).

Here is Loder's brief and illuminating video explanation of his project. As a PhD student this would be extremely useful to me, and I would think to many who are working with the original languages:

https://dailydoseofgreek.com/greek-resources/revision-and-update-of-moulton-milligan-3/

This has been requested multiple times. From what I have understood, the discussions between Loder and Accordance broke down somewhere. Perhaps the fact that Loder has now finished his Ph.D. might be the opportunity to pick up the discussion again and move this thing forward. I for one would love to see M-M come out in Accordance. Perhaps Nathan Parker could clarify the situation for us and, if need be, contact Loder to let him know that there are users who are aware of the project and would like to see it come to fruition?

• Like 3

Do you have the publisher to it and links to some threads where other users suggested it? This one wasn’t on my list, but I just added it.

I’ll log all the previous user requests for it and see if I can hunt down who to contact on this one.

We chatted about M-M this week as something we’d like to work on.

Great. Thanks!

Having watched the videos describing the features of this particular work I hope it does come to Accordance.

6 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Do you have the publisher to it and links to some threads where other users suggested it? This one wasn’t on my list, but I just added it.

It was mentioned here:

And here:

So I'm surprised that it's not on your list. Take a look at the posts on this thread for more info:

It’s probably on my list as M-M. Let me check. Thanks for that!

• Like 1

I would love to see M&M on Accordance. It will be like seeing an old friend. 

We're chatting about it and seeing what we can do on this one.