Question About Accordance’s Version of the GNT-TR

Dr. Nathan Parker

I’m just curious. Has anyone checked Accordance’s version of the GNT-TR, and is it identical with the version produced by Trinitarian Bible Society, or are there any differences?

I have their edition in print (so do a few other people I know), and I was curious how Accordance’s edition compares.

Thanks!

• Like 2

Hey Nathan,

I am going to show a quick search that I found. I use an Interlinear to see variations from the different GNT texts. So I will look at those specifically (of course not all of them here :rolleyes:).

Matthew 9:5 - The word 'you' matches.

Mark 12:29 - The word 'all' matches

Luke 19:7 - The word 'all' matches

John 18:28 - The word 'early' matches

I only looked at these four, one from each gospel. Just based on this, it looks as though it matches. 

I looked also at the TR vs the CT, and in each one, they were different. In these cases:

Matthew 9:5 - instead of soi it was sou. 

Mark 12:29 - The word all (pasown) is not in the NA28. (I could make some comments, but I will leave the commentary alone ;))

Luke 19:7 - Again, the word for all is not in the NA28

John 18:28 - Early is just a spelling difference from the outset. It is prowia compared to the NA proi. 

If I were to venture, I would say the Accordance TR follows the Trinitarian Bible Society and is good and faithful to the Scriptures and can be trusted. 

Thanks. 

ETA: Is there a specific text you want me to look up? I can do a quick run based on my GNT from the TBS and see what I find. Anything in particular? 

Edited by Pastor Jonathan

I was just curious in general. If I have any passages, I’ll let you know for sure. 

Does the Accordance and TBS versions handle the movable nu the same? I know some electronic editions are different on this front.

Thanks!

Looking at the movable V, and I am just grabbing some random examples.

However, from what I am seeing, it is not frequent these come up. So it has taken me a little to chase it down. 

I tried to find one from each Gospel. Here are my findings:

Matthew 5:47: "What do you DO" GNT-TR and the TBS is identical

Mark 11:4: "They LOOSED it". The GNT-TR and the TBS is identical. 

Luke 5:31: Those who ARE" The GNT-TR and the TBS is identical

John 6:15: "They were ABOUT" The GNT-TR and the TBS is identical. 

Based on these four examples, I would assume the others are equal as well. But I did not chase down every example as I am getting ready to head out of town till Sat. 

I do have two notes:

1. I was able to practice with the Greek Construct in a way I had not before, so thank you for that exercise :D!!!

2. I was doing the search with the public Accordance, and it froze on me searching for apostle. The word for apostle, depending on its use, is one example of a movable V. I had to force shut down Acc. 14.0.5. I tried to duplicate it again, but couldn't. Again, no crash log was given to me. 

Glad to help you try Greek Construct! Keep me posted on that freeze. If it does happen again, let me know.