Can tab settings be saved?

Hanoch Ben Keshet

I have Accordance 14 on Win11, but this problem happened in Accordance 13 as well. 

I tend to leave up to a dozen tabs open with various search parameters for different texts.

Usually, when I open Accordance all the tabs appear.

However, occasionally Accordance crashes, and then it opens a new session, and all my tabs are gone.

I wondered if there is a way to save tab settings somewhere so that after a crash I can just repopulate the app with my previous tabs.

Thanks.

You could save the workspace, and then open it again when/if a crash happens. If it’s not always the same tab arrangement, the. You could save the workspace before quitting, either giving it the same name as the previous workspace so you only have one such file, or giving it a name like 2023-05-18 Workspace, to keep a record of all your work. 

if it’s almost always the same set of tabs, you could then add your saved workspace to the “my workspaces” area of the library.

• Like 2

Thanks so much, and sorry to be so ignorant.

I'm a little on the lazy side when it comes to plowing through the user manual.

Your suggestion will very likely do the trick.

God bless

This is exactly what I do, one workspace with one zone with a bunch of tabs. I save the workspace. If Accordance doesn’t reopen to that session for whatever reason, I just open my saved workspace and it’s right back to what I want. Works great. 

• Like 1

Saving a workspace is a good idea. You can also save multiple workspaces as a “session” or even arrange all of your tabs then set Accordance to open those tabs as your startup session, but those might be overkill for your needs. I’d try a workspace first.

Another possibility: with some minimal looking around I also found the Open Autosaved Session, under File on the main menu. So if you fail to save a workspace or session and the app crashes, you could look there to pull up a recent autosaved session. That's what I did to solve my problem and it's very helpful.

That works really well too. Thanks!