User Notes I/O Error

Zaldana

When attempting to load accordance, a user notes file I use consistently results in an "I/O error" message. When I attempt to re-add my user note from the library pane, the file is auto deleted. Everything is supposed to be syncing with Dropbox, but the file is cleaned from dropbox as well. I have a backup on Time Machine, but the error persists. Any one else with this problem or know of a permanent solution?

I'm using Accordance v. 13.3.4.

Thanks!

I’d recommend emailing or calling Tech Support on this one. Let us know how it goes!

Seems the problem was that iCloud was storing my file in the Cloud and not locally. I had to recover my file using my Time Machine backup and manually add the file back to the Accordance Files folder and Dropbox, then open Accordance, in that order. Scary to lose years of work! All good now, though.

Thanks! 

Glad it worked! Yeah, iCloud does some wacky things at times.

• 5 months later...

I did the same with my personal User notes file, after reimporting to the MacOS app 14, the content of the User Note is gone, vanished. I have the file still backed up, but any way to recover the content?

What version of macOS and Accordance 14?

You could post the backup file here or message me with a way to download it, and I can see if I can get it to import into a clean note file for you.

When I open your file in Accordance 14 on my Sonoma machine, I can access all of your notes content. Can you walk me through how you're trying to open them on your machine?