view only chapter cuts last verse

Kristin

Maybe I am missing something, but when I slide the verse viewer to 0, my understanding is that would ONLY capture what I typed. So if I had typed Lk 1:1 and set that to 0, I would ONLY see Lk 1:1.

Likewise, Ac 28 set to 0 would ONLY show Ac 28, but it is cutting off the last verse saying there are 30 verses, but there are 31.

Am I missing something obvious, or is this a bug?

Thanks,
Kristin

Bildschirmfoto2023-05-13um18_52_27.png.4a8bb2fb1a422d6a678d57e2b1f3b222.png

@Kristin

Intrestingly the ESV, NET, ASV, Berean Study Bible and NASB2020 show vv1-30, yet the LSB, KJV, NKJV, NASB1995, NASB1977 and Webster Bible show vv1-31.  Not sure if its bug related or maybe something to do with the way certain translations are tagged.

Hi @Misulejoha,

Thanks for comparing those versions. I think it must be a bug then, since the ESV is tagged at 31 verses, though showing 30 in the count. Given that, I think I should tag @Tech Support.

Kristin

I think you are seeing a total of 30 verses in the ESV because it omits verse 29 (see footnote 6 at the end of verse 28: "Some manuscripts add verse 29: And when he had said these words, the Jews departed, having much dispute among themselves").

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi @Steven S,

Thank you! Yes, you are correct, that would bring the verse count to 30. I had just been going through the books recording verse counts (for the whole exporting notes situation), and I hadn't even noticed that a verse was missing. I hope I would have noticed that as well if I had actually been reading the text and not just counting verses. :)

• Like 1

I think users have resolved this one, but let me know if any other questions arise.