Sync Issues Again

dmwebb6

I really believe that if syncing issues are not fixed that it will be the downfall of Accordance.   I need a smooth sync between my devices.  This weekend I tried repeatedly to sync between my devices through Dropbox and was unable to do so.  All of my apple devices try to sync and then crash.  I contacted Accordance and was told "We understand your frustration. This is a new bug that has somehow been introduced during an update that our programmers put out, at the sometime that an iOS security update came out for iOS last week."  I hope they get this problem fixed soon.  It has taken WAY to long to get the promised improved syncing.  If I can't get my notes and info reliably on my ipad then Accordance is much less useful for me.  

Edited by dmwebb6
  • Like 1

We’re one major step closer to enhanced syncing. The release of 14.0.5 for Desktop and 3.4 for iOS laid a major necessary foundation on which we can overlay our current developments with our enhanced syncing. For desktop, it will be included in the 14. update (although we may release another bug fix update or two before we release 14.1). As it stands now, it is possible we’ll at least have a beta of 14.1 out this summer (I won’t give specific ETAs to ensure our internal testing is completed, plus I’m sure we’ll put it through a thorough beta test before we release it to customers).

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure this is related to OP issue but I've noticed that Workspaces don't sync via Dropbox between Acc 13 and 14.  Aren't they supposed to sync?

I don’t recall workspaces ever syncing for me. I don’t see an option for it, just the Current Session.

I couldn't swear to working in the past but I thought one I'd created on one computer sync'd to another before v14. Probably wrong and maybe had similar names but not sync'd.

On 5/8/2023 at 3:40 PM, dmwebb6 said:

I really believe that if syncing issues are not fixed that it will be the downfall of Accordance.

This, exactly. I was quite embarrassed a couple weeks ago when someone asked my recommendation for Bible Software. I proudly told them about Accordance, but was cut short. They'd tried Accordance but the Sync was so unreliable they gave up. I found out a few days ago they invested in the competition's software. 😔

I love Accordance! I just wish it would work reliably.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, OSchrock said:

This, exactly. I was quite embarrassed a couple weeks ago when someone asked my recommendation for Bible Software. I proudly told them about Accordance, but was cut short. They'd tried Accordance but the Sync was so unreliable they gave up. I found out a few days ago they invested in the competition's software. 😔

I love Accordance! I just wish it would work reliably.

This brings up the fact that in this economy its imperative that Accordance has a solid working version to stay competitive in the market. I am fortunate because I own both, the other guys since 2000 & Accordance since 2007 when I switched to Mac at the church for a couple years. I started buying some modules again last year when I seen it worked on PC, after seeing James White use it over the last several months started adding more modules. I have to say I am using more & more now because for original language & searches it's functionality is so much easier, so I will continue to add to mine & I do know they are at work fixing the issues.

We’ll have enhanced syncing in 14.1. We’re likely going to have another minor bug fix update or two before 14.1. At the moment, we will possibly have a 14.1 beta out this summer.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a question, joining in. Is there a plan to have other sync options available for users who don't like cloud solutions? I.e. webdav

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I overlooked this one. At the moment, we're focusing on our enhanced cloud syncing, plus we still have local syncing between Desktop and Mobile at the moment. If there are other sync options that interest you, feel free to add a feature request.