James White using Accordance.

ReformedDoc

I just want to say that is was James White who through his teaching of scripture (Greek) caused me to start using my Accordance & investing in more modules. I've had Accordance since 2007 when I switched from PC to Mac while pastoring & preaching. I had the other guys program since the early 2000's but seeing White use Accordance in his main studio & now in his new mobile RV studio is just another great way to get the Accordance name out for new users. In fact I was able to recommend it to a gentleman on Twitter & he called and bought a package day before yesterday.

• Like 1

Great! Do you have any links to his Accordance demos?

14 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Great! Do you have any links to his Accordance demos?

Sure, I just found a youtube video of James White using Accordance in a discussion of his personal opinion on Dr. Bill Mounce’s article on πᾶς ὁ πιστεύων:

• Like 3

Here is a more recent presentation by James White titled Quirinius, Caesar, and the Census where he can be seen using Accordance Bible software around the 29:20 time  mark of the video:

Dec 21, 2022

We took the time to consider some of the key questions about the story of Advent in the New Testament, looking at the census, Quirinius, and how we do fair, balanced biblical study. Enjoy!

• Like 2

Sorry @Nathan ParkerI just seen this, but looks like Brian picked up my slack. James just got a new diesel truck & a 5th wheel so they converted the front bedroom to a studio as he no longer flies but drives to his speaking engagement's now. He has he touch screen set up with the software to write on it & highlight on his Accordance, so he can use it to teach while doing the Dividing Line from the road.

Here's one I found that was actually done by Accordance for Version 13.

https://youtu.be/RNyJZ5TNDTw

Edited by ReformedDoc

Thanks for all of this!

If you follow @BillMounce on social media, you can easily tell that he uses Accordance too.

Edited by Tim Hall
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Brian K. Mitchell said:

Dr. Bill Mounce’s article on πᾶς ὁ πιστεύων

Hi @Brian K. Mitchell,

Do you have a link to the article in question? I understand White is Accusing Mounce of not understanding the theology, despite knowing Greek (not exclusively, but especially min 13:15-14:11), so I am curious to have a better understanding of why White is trying to refute him.

Thanks,

Kristin

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tim Hall said:

If you follow @BillMounce on social media, you can easily tell that he uses Accordance too.

Yes, and yes that is correct! By the way, one or two of Bill Mounce's videos (where he uses Accordance) have been posted in the "Greek in a Year" thread section of the Accordance Forums.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Kristin said:

Hi @Brian K. Mitchell,

Do you have a link to the article in question?

Yes, you will the article here: https://www.billmounce.com/monday-with-mounce/does-john-3-16-say-whoever

42 minutes ago, Kristin said:

I am curious to have a better understanding of why White is trying to refute him.

Me, too! And moreover, I think it would interesting to see Dr. Bill Mounce and Dr. James White sit down and have a face-to-face discussion on this issue.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Brian K. Mitchell said:

Yes, you will the article here: https://www.billmounce.com/monday-with-mounce/does-john-3-16-say-whoever

Me, too! And moreover, I think it would interesting to see Dr. Bill Mounce and Dr. James White sit down and have a face-to-face discussion on this issue.

Sent you James Whites video response.

• Thanks 1

Got it. Here’s the video you’re trying to link:

• Like 1