Have the bugs of v. 14 been fixed ?

Robin Reeve

Hi all,

When version 14 came out, I had installed it and it was bugged so severely that I had to deep uninstall it.

I reinstalled version 13, which works like a charm.

But I am wary about trying to install version 14 again, as I have seen no email announcing repairs or patches to counter the initial bugs.

What is the situation?

Could I install version 14 separately, without it wrecking some of my present settings ?

Thanks in advance for the answers.

@Robin Reeve

Accordance 13 and 14 store their preferences in the same spot by default and their file formats aren't completely compatible, so even if you don't encounter bugs, it wouldn't be a good idea to have both versions installed at the same time. And if you happen to open both at the same time, I hope you have backups.

Now, if you do have backups of all your Accordance data & preferences (there are multiple directories to consider), then you can uninstall one and install the other to try before fully committing. If you encounter problems soonish, it's fairly straightforward to uninstall that version and reinstall the other, then bring back your Accordance info from your backups.

Having said that, and bearing in mind that I mainly use Accordance for Greek including off-the-shelf reference material, commentaries, etc and not for user notes & user tools, I find Accordance 14.0.4 and now 14.0.5 to be as stable as the best of my experiences with Accordance 13.

Edited by Lawrence

1 hour ago, Robin Reeve said:

as I have seen no email announcing repairs or patches to counter the initial bugs.

What is the situation?

Robin, Please see this announcement for all the fixes etc. the feedback on the forum has been very positive about stability etc.

Edited by ukfraser

Thanks for the replies.

I will try to install v. 14 at a time when possible bogs won't perturbate my work.

Moving this to General since the thread it was in had to do with iOS. 14.0.5 is pretty stable. You should be able to easily install it and use it regularly for Bible study.

Since updating to the version 14.0.5, I no longer encounter the spinning pinwheel of death. That used to appear quite a bit if I mistyped anything in the search field.  That bug seems resolved and I’ve had no pinwheels or crashes.  On my Mac, running the latest OS, this version of 14, seems as stable as 13 ever did.  

I'm still seeing random but frequent freezes that force me to stop the program in Task Manager.

• Sad 1

I'd love to see more feedback from Windows users. I'm waiting to see an update that Windows users are broadly pleased with.

14.0.5 is pretty solid on my Windows machine (and my Mac). Overall I recommend it. A few minor bugs we’ll need to address, but I can use it for my daily Bible study and PhD-level work without any “show stopping” issues.

• Like 1

@Robin Reeve, @robrecht, @Kiyah,

I am using Accordance on Windows in a VM and it has been solid for me. I use it professionally and agree that the hiccups would be problematic, but for me in the field, it is doing well. 

The biggest thing I have to deal with is just launching the VM each time. More of an annoyance to not have a native Linux app, but I still have my Accordance and am really liking the updates (Word Study mostly) that came with Version 14.