New Modules Don’t Install in a Category

Dr. Nathan Parker

Is anyone else with 14.0.5 for Windows on Windows 11 having an issue where new modules I download don’t install in a category, but instead just install at the root level of the library? I can manually move them to a category, but they won’t actually install in a category at first.

Thanks!

This has been the behavior I've observed on 13.x (Win 10) going back at least a year; I simply thought it was normal. I typically use Preferences > Appearance > Organize all Tools by Category after running Easy Install.

• Like 1

Glad to hear it’s not just me. I’d do that, but problem is, I have some modules in custom places. 🙂 

Ditto

Yeah, as @Steven S and @Gary Raynor said, that's just what installing on Windows does. Tbh, it's nice, because if you have custom folders, you don't have to dig for the modules to put them where they need to go.

That said, a new PC + Acc14 reinstall killed my sorting and I don't have the heart yet to resort hundreds of modules.

I am having a possibly related problem: Suddenly, my four grammar modules are showing up in my library under "Parallels" (under "Tools"), and they are completely unresponsive when I click on them in my library. I would appreciate help.

Good to know others are experiencing this (so it’s not just my machine). I’ve filed the bug report so we can get it addressed.

@Harvey @Steven S I have avoided using Preferences > Appearance > Organize all Tools by Category because that has had the habit of shoving translator notes etc... into parallels from which it is difficult to move them out of - often requiring a deletion, then reinstall, then move into the correct location!  I am not game to see if the bug replicates in 14.05 and have to reorganize my library again!