Accordance iOS 3.4.0 and Accordance MacOS 13.3.1 syncing inconsistent, ignoring text library organization

Michael J. Bolesta

I had similar issues with Accordance for iOS 3.3.x and Accordance for MacOS 13.x

I upgraded and updated to the latest release version. I attempted sync via wi-fi and it successfully completed, though it said it installed several text modules that were already were on my iPhone. When I tried another sync to add another module, the process frozen. Several attempts were made, including deletion of the startup session, clearing the download cache, reset of Spotlight indexes and Interlinear settings, quitting and restarting both apps. It kept hanging, and then the iOS app frozen. It opened to Genesis 1 but I could not navigate at all. I ended up deleting the app on the iPhone and reinstalling. I managed to sync to load an important (to me) user tool onto my iPhone. I then used Easy Install to add needed modules. The one sync put one English text in a subfolder, English. I could not move any of the other texts into this folder, but I could move the one within it to be with the others. I then deleted the empty folder.

The sync is not reliable for me. It may relate to my text module library organization, which has many folders (such as Greek, Hebrew, English, etc).

Anyone else having similar issues? Any suggestions? Are programmers aware?

Thank you very much! The LORD bless you and keep you.

Accordance iOS 3.4.0 on iPhone 12 (iOS 16.4.1) and Accordance MacOS 13.3.1 on MacBook Pro M1 16 GB 2021

Michael, i have a similar experience. I think our sync experiences over wifi may well be connected to our library organization. I know I had changed the library organization on the Mac and the iOS organization was not not updated to match the new Mac organization. There were files that I know were on the iOS device, that were being repeatedly updated yet were showing up in the recently downloaded list. When I adjusted the iPhone library to match the MacBook library, syncing occurred as one would expect. 

Conclusion: Any Accordance library reorganization I make on the MacBook will also be manually made on the iPhone before any wifi sync is made. ;)

—Joseph

@Solly At one time they were the same, but somehow the iPhone app was corrupted by some iteration of versions. If I understand your solution, I should create the same folder system I have on my Mac before a wi-fi sync. Is that the solution?

That process worked for me, Michael. ;)

I was having issues with Wi-Fi sync stalling, but I have changed out my WAP since I last tried it. I should try it again and see what happens. My other WAP was acting pretty funky.

So far, I’ve been just pulling everything down over Easy Install and leaving it until enhanced syncing arrives. 🙂 

32 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

So far, I’ve been just pulling everything down over Easy Install and leaving it until enhanced syncing arrives. 🙂 

How long O Lord?

@Solly Your solution appeared to work. Unhappily I did an Easy Install and then moved another text to the folder. It said "text @#* no longer available" and froze. Clearing startup session, etc did not fix it. I deleted the app again. Then when I downloaded again, it refuses to take my login: "Login Error Please verify your user name and password." I am copying from 1Password. The same credentials get me into the Accordance website.

5 hours ago, Michael J. Bolesta said:

How long O Lord?

With 14.0.5 out now, we’re one great step closer.

It is a tenuous situation. After several hours, with multiple app deletions, re-installations, and trial and error, I have a workable iPhone library.