iOS 3.4.0 reports login error when attempting to use Easy Install/update

Tim Planche

Just installed iOS 3.4.0  - both on my iPad Mini 5 running iPad OS 16.3.1  and my iPhone 11 running iOS 16.3.1

when attempting to using the easy install or the updates I always get the following login error message

- I have tried logging in again or using the cancel button and still have no luck - I am sure my username/password is correct

strangest part is the I was able to see and then download some updates in the iPad - Just had to keep dismissing the error message whilst updating - but the persistent Login error message made this slow and difficult

thanks in advance for any help with this

IMG_6FA0B999A256-1.thumb.jpeg.eea88d60b5f0d9b9dfc1bb838f3a13fc.jpeg

Upgraded to the latest iOS version of Accordance last night.

I receive the same error and then the application crashes.

iOS 16.4.1 on iPhone 14 Pro

Rich

I just tested it on mine, and I am able to get both to load.

It might have been an overnight server maintenance (not sure). I’d give it a try again. I’d also recommend logging out and logging back into your Accordance account and see if that “refreshes” things.

If you still have issues, I recommend reaching out to Tech Support.

Thank you for the feedback, we have identified the probable cause of this "new" issue and will get a fix in the next version.

• Like 2

iphone 14 ios 16.4.1

I was able to install NASB 1977 text and notes no issues.

having server issues with install; left message with tech support and sales last night. have not heard from either.

where’s the customer support.

14.0.5 is my version

@Bill Starkey Sounds like you’re having an issue with the desktop app. This thread is for the iOS app. Tech Support will contact you back once they get a free moment. They are swamped with calls at the moment.

I was able to install yesterday.

Today the iOS app froze after Easy Install. Nothing worked, so I deleted app and downloaded again. Now I get the message "Login Error Please verify your user name and password." I am copying from 1Password. The same credentials get me into the Accordance website.

thank you

I discovered (and tech support later confirmed) that the iOS Accordance app asks for username rather than email (the Accordance website asks for email). I was able to get the app open, but obtaining content was a challenge.

I have had the same experience as Michael J. Bolesta - can log in with the  username rather than email.

However the "Logon error" message still appears whenever I try to install updates or use Easy install. 

If If I select the "Login or Register" button then the app crashes

If I select the "Cancel" button then the error message disappears for a few seconds and I was able to download content update

However, irritatingly the same error message keeps on popping up every few seconds during the download and it needs to be cancelled several times

I have not tried anything on easy install using Accordance iOS 3.4.0 - so not sure if it works or not.

I suspect as Mike Garrity points out above we may need to await the next upgrade

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Tim Planche said:

I have had the same experience as Michael J. Bolesta - can log in with the  username rather than email.

However the "Logon error" message still appears whenever I try to install updates or use Easy install. 

If If I select the "Login or Register" button then the app crashes

If I select the "Cancel" button then the error message disappears for a few seconds and I was able to download content update

However, irritatingly the same error message keeps on popping up every few seconds during the download and it needs to be cancelled several times

I have not tried anything on easy install using Accordance iOS 3.4.0 - so not sure if it works or not.

I suspect as Mike Garrity points out above we may need to await the next upgrade

I had to delete the app and download it again. Easy Install worked for me, but I needed a User Tool, so after many deletions and re-installs, I used wi-fi sync in small increments and managed to achieve a usable library on iOS 3.4.0 There are modules I cannot install, but I will wait on Accordance 3.4.x

@Tim Planche I do not know if this helps you or not.

@Michael J. Bolesta  - many thanks - that is really useful - 

However,  my library is quite large and the idea of reinstalling and then re-downloading the library  in small increments seems pretty daunting 

I may just was it til Accordance 3.4.x until i buy anything new 

Many thanks again

@Tim Planche I sympathize. I started with Accordance 1.1 in 1995, so over the decades I amassed an enormous Accordance library on my Mac . I never put all modules on an iOS device, but at one time I had much more than now. Until about a year ago, the "Sync with Mobile Device" was quite robust and easy. I do not recall exactly when it broke down, but I ended up selling an old iPad (Accordance was the main app I used on it) because it became unusable. Accordance still works on my newer iPhone, but as noted, I worked to upload what is essential to me.

I finally made the jump from MacOS Accordance 13.x to 14.05 (I had issues with 14.0 and reverted), and so far it has been fine. I will try to patiently wait for iOS Accordance with an improved sync process.

Check out Solly's suggestion in this thread: 

It was helpful for me. The sync issue surfaced for me about a year ago because my customized organization of text modules was not tolerated any longer.

Hi Michael and thanks again 

Accordance  iOS 3.4.0 functions well - it appears only to be the Easy Install that I have issues with

I tend to pretty much exclusively use the iPad and I have about 32GB of modules downloaded on my iPad - so not a download I wish to do if I cdon't need to - it took the best part of a day the other month when I changed my old iPad

also with you on the issue of Syncing - and looking forward to using it again

• 3 months later...

I just hit with this issue. I am logged in, but every time I go to load my easy install purchases on my iPad I'm told there's a log in error.

This is frustrating.

Update

And now I followed the advice above and deleted and reinstalled the app. Now I'm getting the same error AND HAVE LOST ACCESS TO WHAT I'D ALREADY INSTALLED.

Yes, I'm shouting. The first post on this is MAY 1. Fix it.

Edited by Wes Allen

@Wes Allen Please email into Tech Support and we'll assist you directly on this.