14.0.5 Window Size Bug

ScottDF

Running Accordance 14.0.5, Windows 11 22H2

Accordance does not remember Window Maximized position. 

Steps

1. Open Accordance, maximize Window using either the Maximize button or (Win)(Up)
  2. Close Accordance
  3. Re-open

Upon re-opening, Accordance is always Windowed, i.e., not maximized. This started with v14. Previously, if the program was maximized, it stayed that when closed and re-opened. 

• Like 1

Me too -

Running Accordance 14.0.5, Windows 11 Pro 22H2

Dual Monitor

Maximized workspaces open as large partially of screen windows often with no access to the title bar.

Ok if workspace is saved with a non-maximized window.

Very happy and thankful that the major irritants have be fixed such as checking for content updates and being able to choose which workspace when launching the app. 

• Like 2

I can confirm this bug. I filed the bug report on it just now. Thanks for letting us know!

• Like 2

@Gary Raynor, no access to the title bar is one of the big nuisances of this bug, but the workaround of (Win)(Up) to maximize the window helps.

I have the same problem, but my quick fix is to double-click at the top of the window to force it to full screen.

1 minute ago, mgvh said:

I have the same problem, but my quick fix is to double-click at the top of the window to force it to full screen.

Often true, but in Gary Raynor's case (and usually mine), the title bar itself is offscreen and there is nothing to double-click on. In those cases, (Win)(Up) maximizes the window and brings the title bar back down far enough so it and the window control buttons are again visible. 

• Like 1

I’ve seen that as well.

New effective work around for this issue for those who have Windows 11 Power Toys

You can get the app from the Microsoft store and or find out about it in the link below....

Microsoft PowerToys | Microsoft Learn

The relevant tool is Fancy Zones where you can shift drag your window to preset zone/zones on you monitor.

To get window that is identical in size to a maximized window you can either setup a full screen fancy window and drag accordance to that or you can combine multiple windows using ctrl shift.

Now you have a full-sized Accordance window exactly the same size as a maximized window and Accordance 14.05 loads it back correctly!

Windows 11 have multitasking snap windows but there is no way to edit the layouts, so I disable it.

If you wish to know more there is always a YouTube video such as the random one below that I came across

Thanks for this!

• 2 weeks later...

I have confirmed and reported this on the programming team's board.

Thanks for your patience everyone!

• Like 1