Accordance crashing?

James Sparks

Three questions?

Why does Accordance crash so often when I try to open it?

Why does Accordance occasionally crash when I am using it?

Why does Accordance "lock up" after my computer has been sitting idle for a while?

The only answer I received to the first two questions was to "delete and reload" Accordance, which I did, but I still have this problem. Not all of the time, but often enough.

Do others have this problem, and what did you do to correct it? 

3 hours ago, James Sparks said:

Three questions?

Why does Accordance crash so often when I try to open it?

Why does Accordance occasionally crash when I am using it?

Why does Accordance "lock up" after my computer has been sitting idle for a while?

The only answer I received to the first two questions was to "delete and reload" Accordance, which I did, but I still have this problem. Not all of the time, but often enough.

Do others have this problem, and what did you do to correct it? 

Yes, it's been discussed on the forums for some time now. Accordance has been steadily working to fix things. It's been suggested that the next version (14.0.5) will be out in the next week or so if all goes well. From the discussions, it sounds like it will lay the groundwork for greater stability, particularly with syncing, though a full resolution of iOS syncing might not yet be available.

For what it's worth, I'm running 14.0.4 on a Windows 11 PC and it seems to be sufficiently stable now that I don't mind opening it and leaving it running. I mainly use it for reading and research, and don't do a lot with Accordance's internal notes and tools features. I don't see a lot of random crashes or freezes any more on opening or while Accordance is open.

If you still experience a lot of glitching, try downloading the installer again using a different browser from last time. I had this problem early on with Accordance 13, and this fixed a lot of the problems. I don't know how true it is, but comments have suggested that browsers sometimes mistake some Accordance components for malware and remove them silently. Accordance, of course, still needs those internal organs and shares its displeasure with the user.

37 minutes ago, Lawrence said:

From the discussions, it sounds like it will lay the groundwork for greater stability, particularly with syncing, though a full resolution of iOS syncing might not yet be available.

In this thread Nathan's last post has given a hint that there is light ahead, and its not a train thats coming!

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Your questions are quite general. Please update to 14.0.5 on your devices, then report any specific issues to the “Bug Swatters” Mac or Windows forums, depending on the platform you’re using. That’ll help us to better resolve the issues you’re having.

4 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Your questions are quite general. Please update to 14.0.5 on your devices, then report any specific issues to the “Bug Swatters” Mac or Windows forums, depending on the platform you’re using. That’ll help us to better resolve the issues you’re having.

1) 14.0.5 has only just become available, so hopefully it has dealt with the issues (I check regularly for updates.)

2) I did report it and was told to simply delete and reinstall.

Edited by James Sparks

Thanks for the followup! Test on 14.0.5, and let us know if you have any further issues.

• Thanks 1