User is able to edit Accordance provided modules

iota

Description of the bug/issue (the more details the better)

Pressing SHIFT-TAB in search results inserts tab whitespace into module. Inserted whitespace shows up in other existing or new tabs that show the module. The whitespace cannot be removed with other key presses. I've only been able to restore original formatting by removing the module and reinstalling it.

Steps you took to produce the bug (as specific as possible)

1. Open search tab

2. Perform search on Bible text (In my case ESV, NET, NIV11)

3. In search results press SHIFT-TAB key combination

4. RESULT: Tab whitespace inserted in text-search results

5. Open module in another tab:

6. RESULT: Inserted tab white space shows up when viewing module in another tab. The change seems permanent to the actual module.

Accordance version: 14.0.4
macOS: Ventura 13.3.1
Hardware: Intel MacBook Air

Screenshots or crash logs: See attached

Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 21.32.51.jpg

Screenshot 2023-04-15 at 09.37.46.jpg

I don't think this is a bug; I think this is the Phrasing feature at work.  

From the Accordance section on Phrasing: (Phrasing is highlighted because I found the section by searching the help for Phrasing)

Phrasing options
  1. Phrasing Break (shift + return): 
    • This will create a break at the insertion point by moving words on the right to the line below.
  2. Phrasing Indent (shift + tab): 
    • This will indent if insertion point is at the beginning of a line of text.
    • This can also create a break and an indentation when insertion point is not at the beginning of the line.

•  
  • Like 1

@Lorinda H. M. Hoover Thanks for this. I had heard about this feature, but didn't know that that was what I was doing! I checked the help and discovered I can delete the phrasing with shift+delete.

• Like 1

This is not a bug. it is the new Custom Phrasing feature. I have a video about it if you need more details on it.

• Like 1