Copying multiple verses

Randy Cue

I know this has been covered before, but I have forgotten how it is done. I'm working with a commentary and it lists a number of verses. How can I copy all of those verses at once?

Hi @Randy Cue,

I'm not 100% sure that I understand what you are trying to accomplish, but I can mention a few things.

If you mean you just want to copy the references in the commentary, just select the text containing the verse references, right click, and copy.

If you want to copy the verses themselves all together, I would do the first step the paste the verses in a window so they all populate, then you can select all, right click, and copy. (If you just have one verse you can just click on the hyperlinked text, but to copy multiple verses I would copy all the references and paste them in a window together).

If you mean that you have a collection of verses in a window and want to just copy the references, you can select all, right click and select to copy references.

I hope this helps some,

Kristin

Thanks, Kristin. I'm trying to copy the text of the verses in a commentary without having to do that one verse at a time. I seem to remember something like highlighting the text containing the references and somehow that would place all of the verses text into another window.

Hi @Randy Cue

Ok, I kind of don't think we can do that. What I think you are referring to is the "Reference List". I think. If you have a text open, you can select the verses, right click --> Add Selection To --> New Reference List Tab.

However, if I try to do that from a commentary, that option is no longer there. You can add the verses to a stack, but that is totally different.

I think we should be able to create reference lists from verses in commentaries, so I am not sure why we can't. Maybe it can be added as a feature request.

If you mean something else, let me know.

Kristin

• Like 1

This is something that I have done before. I just don't recall how.

If you Command-click on a reference, it will open all the Scripture references in that paragraph in a text tab.  Is that what you are looking for?

• Like 1

wow! after using  Acc for decades it continues to amaze ; I did not know you could do that - thanks

Thanks, Lorinda. That is exactly what I was looking for.