Color tagging searches

pdstewart

I did a search for all indicative verbs in John 17. When I get the result, all the highlights are the same color (which is fine because I am just doing ALL indicative verbs.

When I open the Analytics Bar Chart, I can then see the different Moods (for example) and they are all color coded. See picture below.

Is there a way to link those analytic results/tags with the actual text so I can see all the different moods/tenses (or whichever I select from the pull down in analytics) in the text itself?

I have learned how to create new highlights so I can "highlight all" passive indicatives, etc. But that seems a bit limited because I have to set up that highlight and then search for it specifically and then mark it (with a unique marker that is permanent).

Indicative John 17.jpg

No. There's not a way to do that.

Well, you might want to check out the highlight file that I've created. You can see all the categories I've been able to identify through a variety of searches. It's part of my Understanding the Greek NT grammar module for Accordance that explains what the colors mean and the implications for meaning and translation. I'm in the midst of working on an updated edition.

Accordance does not have an easy way to toggle off highlighting, so you should also download the Toggle Off Highlights file too. Both files need to be copied to your Accordance/Highlights folder. (Don't double-click on a HLT file. Download and save in the right place.)

image.thumb.png.c1892c57bcd5cca70df81245eb587dda.png

ToggleOffHighlights.hlt UnderstandingNTG2.hlt

So, do I need to have the "Understanding the Greek NT" module for the highlights to work? I downloaded the two files, but have not attempted to use them because I don't know what to do with them now. 🙂

you do not need the module; just take the two downloaded files and move them to the accordance folder (in documents) and put them in the highlight sub folder - then they will be added to the various highlight files  you have

• Like 1

So, I can access the highlighter, but I assume that I need to do the markup? I was thinking that it would be a file that had all the verbs already highlighted.

3 hours ago, Mike Atnip said:

So, I can access the highlighter, but I assume that I need to do the markup? I was thinking that it would be a file that had all the verbs already highlighted.

If you have the GNT28-T (aka NA28 Greek NT), items are already highlighted.  Which Greek text are you using?

13 hours ago, Lorinda H. M. Hoover said:

If you have the GNT28-T (aka NA28 Greek NT), items are already highlighted.  Which Greek text are you using?

Okay, that works. I had opened the GNT-Byzantine. Thanks!

Yes, I should have been clearer. The highlighting files only work for a specific text. In the case of my file, it's the NA28.

Great, thank you. I will do this and explore it.

I'm sure this will be very helpful - if Accordance ever makes this a built in feature, that would be a wonderful thing.

On 4/21/2023 at 10:19 AM, Mark Allison said:

No. There's not a way to do that.

I wish there was!!!!!

• Like 1

On 4/21/2023 at 11:32 AM, mgvh said:

Well, you might want to check out the highlight file that I've created. You can see all the categories I've been able to identify through a variety of searches. It's part of my Understanding the Greek NT grammar module for Accordance that explains what the colors mean and the implications for meaning and translation. I'm in the midst of working on an updated edition.

Accordance does not have an easy way to toggle off highlighting, so you should also download the Toggle Off Highlights file too. Both files need to be copied to your Accordance/Highlights folder. (Don't double-click on a HLT file. Download and save in the right place.)

image.thumb.png.c1892c57bcd5cca70df81245eb587dda.png

ToggleOffHighlights.hlt 584 B · 3 downloads UnderstandingNTG2.hlt 5.91 MB · 3 downloads

Well I placed them in the subfolder, but I do not see them in my highlight drop down box. I'm probably missing something obvious. Here's a pic of my subfolder.

Highlight Subfolder.jpg

hmm... not sure...

Mine are under: ... \C:\Users\... \Accordance\Accordance Files\Highlights