Delayed notification boxes

A. Smith

I don't know the proper UI term for these. But when you do something that ought not be done, or when the program is giving a warning or notice about something and gives a pop up window with an 'ok' button, the delay for that box can take ages! Meanwhile, we get the spinning beachball, wondering if we're waiting on a crash or just a silly notification. This has been the case since 14.0.0. 

21 minutes ago, A. Smith said:

I don't know the proper UI term for these. But when you do something that ought not be done, or when the program is giving a warning or notice about something and gives a pop up window with an 'ok' button, the delay for that box can take ages! Meanwhile, we get the spinning beachball, wondering if we're waiting on a crash or just a silly notification. This has been the case since 14.0.0. 

It's a bug that has been brought up already.

It’s a bug we’re working to really squash. There are multiple causes of it, and I believe we’re going to squash them all in 14.0.5. Hopefully we don’t miss any, but if we do, let us know.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jhntruevine said:

It's a bug that has been brought up already.

I’m aware. But squeaky wheels and all…

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

It’s a bug we’re working to really squash. There are multiple causes of it, and I believe we’re going to squash them all in 14.0.5. Hopefully we don’t miss any, but if we do, let us know.

Great news. Thank you. 

• Like 1