Search-Enter Tag

Attie Bogaards

Accordance is such a powerful, wonderful program. My love for this program is growing more and more. I want to thank the staff of Accordance for this great work.

Today I came upon the Enter Tag option under the Search Menu. In this regard I want to ask the forum two questions:

1. Can somebody help me with tutorials and videos to take a dive and a deeper dive in the Enter Tag option?

2. Is the Andersen-Forbes-module important with regard to this Enter Tab function?

Different texts have different tag categories - this is especially true in the Hebrew syntactical texts. For example the Hebrew westminster text uses the Holmstedt syntax tagging; Andersen-Forbes and the ETCBC use their particular syntax tags. There is a learning curve. I am still waiting to see a video on how the Andersen-Forbes database is used. It seems the least intuitive, however that is due to their particular terminology. The glossary helps.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mbcvida said:

Different texts have different tag categories - this is especially true in the Hebrew syntactical texts. For example the Hebrew westminster text uses the Holmstedt syntax tagging; Andersen-Forbes and the ETCBC use their particular syntax tags. There is a learning curve. I am still waiting to see a video on how the Andersen-Forbes database is used. It seems the least intuitive, however that is due to their particular terminology. The glossary helps.

Ditto for the Andersen-Forbes Syntax Database. Can we hope for a webinar on it that goes into the specifics of using it, with an assortment of examples, perhaps just as much a workshop as a webinar? That would be extremely helpful!

• Like 1

I would love to see some sort of practical video on the A-F and the ETCBC regarding syntax tags!!

• Like 2

I’ll try to brush up on the Syntax Databases and see if I can teach a webinar on it. I wonder if a couple of Hebrew scholars would be willing to co-present with me.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

I’ll try to brush up on the Syntax Databases and see if I can teach a webinar on it. I wonder if a couple of Hebrew scholars would be willing to co-present with me.

That would be great!