Font in footnote

Erhard

When a Tool is cited as "citation", with "insert as citation only as footnote" checked, the font of the footnote does not match the document font in Word. It is always "Accordance" font. Note that Logos inserts it properly as shown in the screenshot below. "Merge formatting" is the paste style. If you paste into One Note, then in order to get the reference you need to uncheck "insert citation only as footnote" in order to get the reference information. Using Logos, it pastes in properly without needing to change anything, so there must be some kind of bug in the formatting of the reference in Accordance.

image.thumb.png.c76abe2aa092ce130ef62196184dc041.png

Mine does this as well. I’ll pass it along and see if we need to file it as a bug report.

By the way there are two sets of preferences involved in every copy and paste. The source preferences and the destination preferences. It is possible that the wrong paste style is being used in Word. Check this and try the other paste styles. I need to check it on mine as well. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/control-the-formatting-when-you-paste-text-HA010215708.aspx 

17 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

By the way there are two sets of preferences involved in every copy and paste. The source preferences and the destination preferences. It is possible that the wrong paste style is being used in Word. Check this and try the other paste styles. I need to check it on mine as well. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/control-the-formatting-when-you-paste-text-HA010215708.aspx 

Hi Nathan, Yes I am quite familiar with the Word pasting. When you right click you get 3 options. The left option pastes as source formatting, the middle merges formatting and the right option only keeps the text. The proper option is the middle one. If you use the right one, it strips the Bibliography information and if you choose the left one you get the source formatting, which is usually different from the Word document that you are using.

You can also change the preferences in Word as to the default insert style with CTRL + V. On mine, I have set the default for pasting from other programs as "merge formatting", so that CTRL+V will do it correctly without needing to change it once it has been inserted.

image.png.87cd8f1d8a5a3787da87a138f051f25b.png

Thanks for this! Email a link to this thread to Tech Support (let me know if you need their email address). They will followup with you on this.

39 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

Thanks for this! Email a link to this thread to Tech Support (let me know if you need their email address). They will followup with you on this.

Hi Nathan

would this not be a bug report since it has something to do with the programming?

Yes, could you send me the link since clicking on Tech support for email opens up Windows mail instead of Outlook which I use and there does not seem to be a way to get the email from that.

It just occurred to me to check my default app settings. I changed it to Outlook and now it works.

Great! Tech Support has me in the thread, so I can monitor it from there. We’ll have to confirm if it’s an actual bug before filing the bug report. If not, I’ll have to file it as a feedback request.