I dearly wish that Highlighting Worked. I Have been unable to get it to work since Acc went from 12 to 13

Enoch

I have done a lot of highlighting in time past, topics & when reading BDAG, as BDAG has sometimes so much forest that it is hard to see the trees.  So I like to highlight the categories & the meanings, using different colors as I read it.  But I am now unable to highlight. The very good system seems ruined now.  When I try to highlight I now get one or more horizontal lines as marking through the word instead of a solid background. Once when I tried highlighting a got some kind of grey background which was not a color I had established.  I looked at the Accordance Help on highlighting, but found no real help there.  Is the system a basket case now or is there a long learning curve for it?  Is there somewhere "A complete idiot's guide to Accordance highlighting"?  I do wish that Accordance still had the Acc 12 system of highlighting.  I have already wasted too much time on something that simply should work.  Has Accordance now trashed much highlighting I did in the past?

Let me chat with our training team to see if we have a webinar on highlighting. If we do, you can watch that and see if that helps. If it turns out you are experiencing some actual technical issues with highlighting, then I’ll get you in touch with Tech Support to determine if it’s something that can be resolved on your system, or if it requires filing a bug report.

It works good on Windows, so not sure if there is an issue with the Mac

18 hours ago, Enoch said:

I do wish that Accordance still had the Acc 12 system of highlighting.  I have already wasted too much time on something that simply should work.  Has Accordance now trashed much highlighting I did in the past?

I couldn't agree with this more, @Enoch! I did extensive highlighting in Acc 12, and I NEVER had issues. Then I downloaded v.13 and on repeated occasions have had catastrophic highlighting corruption. :( I miss Acc 12 for that, but I am at least relieved I am on v.13 compared to v.14, which brought issues I thankfully don't have. I really, really, really hope Accordance realizes the seriousness of prioritizing stability over features.

By the way, here’s a link to the latest webinar on highlighting:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/4735250664916554581

We’re certainly prioritizing stability, as has been seen with each update we’ve been delivering with 14.