Accordance Search Fails to find forms in Greek on search

Enoch

I was doing reasearch on the forms  of κρὐπτω (no, not Bitcoin) in the NT.  But I got nothing but a thump & statement that no such form was in the NT when I searched for

*κρυ* using the search window, though I could search for the lexeme by right click on a word in the text in the text window.  I wanted to search specifically for *κεκρυμ* forms, but that gave the no-luck thump & statement.  So I tried searching for a specific word which is in the text, namely, κεκρυμμένα, but again I got the thump & no-luck statement.  I did that search both in USB-4 & NA28 with no results, but a denial that there was such a form & with the drop down menu not having it either.  I tried it also as =κεκρυμμένα with same no luck.

And it seems that a lexeme search off of right click in the text gives both noun & verb forms, more forms that it is convenient to look through.

That's very strange behavior. I just tried looking up κρύπτω and had no problems. Same for *κρυ*. Have you tried shutting down Accordance (or your computer) and restarting it?

One thing, though: if you're looking for a specific form, you should use quotes (<'> or <">) rather than =, e.g., 'κεκρυμ*'

I don’t have 13, so I can’t test this one. I would try restarting Accordance like @Donald Cobb said. If any other users write in with 13 and can test this, that would be great. Otherwise, Tech Support can look into this if you have further issues.

I have 13 and it seems to work for me

κρυπτω - works

"κεκρυμ" - works as expected

I also searched κρυπτω@[verb perfect] and got expected results

Also right click and inflected search worked as expected

---------