Two persistent bugs in v. 14: errors, and shortcuts

Sam Freney

Two bugs keep, well, bugging me in v. 14.

(14.0.4, Apple M1, Ventura 13.2.1)

Error dialog

If you make an error of some kind, the error dialog takes a very long time to pop up. 15–20 seconds, which is usually long enough to prompt me to flick to another program and do something else. The range of errors is wide: searching for something with no results, a malformed search query, trying to highlight when text isn't properly selected, missing the key combo for phrasing, etc.

The second time an error comes up it's nice and fast again, but the first one is terribly slow. This is particularly galling on empty search results since Accordance has always been fast for this, and it's still a big part of the marketing for the program ("Faster Searches - Don't blink or you'll miss it.").

Shortcuts

I use highlights (and phrasing) quite a bit at the moment, so I use the shortcut feature of highlights styles. But the shortcut is forgotten every time the program gets closed, and I have to go an redefine all my highlights every time I start.

• Like 1

I’m chatting with our teams to see if I need to collect any additional info from you on these.

The latency issue is much better in 14.0.5, so that should resolve the issue there.

We need as much specific information as we can get on the highlights issue. What exact steps are you taking? Does it happen on all highlights files or just one in specific?

Also, if you can test in a new workspace and Accordance Safe Mode, that would be great.

The highlight issue is easy to replicate. Just go to "Define Highlight Styles" and create a shortcut for a highlight. It'll work until you relaunch Accordance, at which time the highlight shortcut you created will no longer be there. 

Thanks for this! We’ll test and get it filed.

Yep, what Mark said for replicating the issue - define a shortcut, quit, restart, and now it's blank. Can confirm it happens with safe mode and a brand new highlights file.

Thanks Nathan.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is happening in the new 14.0.5b2 beta too. This has now been reported.

• Like 3

+1. Error dialog hangs for me too. 

Thanks @Billy32792!

• 1 month later...

Both these seem fixed for me in the update. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

Great!