Isaiah 24:2 LXX display just happens to have a river in the type

c. stirling bartholomew

See attachment with central rivers in the type top down.  This is just a curiosity.

Screen Shot 2023-03-29 at 11.40.17 AM.png

Edited by c. stirling bartholomew
  • Like 3

What am I looking for?

I have extended the river metaphor to include symbols and words. It is in the center running down where articles  and adverbs are repeated with slight variations at the top and bottom. The structure of this passage is fascinating. It has been just over 20 years since i edited two articles for a Russian scholar to be published in a French journal in English., on the representation of Hebrew poetry in the LXX which included samples from Isaiah. At the time I wasn't particularly captivated by the topic, but it planted a seed which is now flowering as I study Isaiah while reading Ken Penner's Brill commentary on Isaiah in Codex Sinaiticus. I am currently focused on Chapters 24-27. Accordance is constantly in use.

Edited by c. stirling bartholomew
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, c. stirling bartholomew said:

See attachment with central rivers in the type top down.  This is just a curiosity.

Screen Shot 2023-03-29 at 11.40.17 AM.png

I don't yet have a stable v. 14 to do this on, but this seems like a fun verse you could try Custom Phrasing on, too... or even just copy-pasting it to lay it out poetically in a text editor.

@Abram K-J Try 14.0.5 once we release it (unless you want to beta test it right now).