Idioms of the Greek New Testament, 2nd ed. by Porter

Gustavo Chaydez

Hello,

This is not available on Accordance. Just thought it would be a great option. It's a standard in the field. "Idioms of the Greek New Testament" is a ground-breaking grammar written with Stanley E. Porter’s unmatched understanding of New Testament Greek. The work aids the student of New Testament Greek in a number of ways. It can be used as an instructive handbook, an intermediate-level textbook, and a basic reference work.

https://www.logos.com/product/2802/idioms-of-the-greek-new-testament-2nd-ed?campaignid=18467614031&adgroupid=142254639305&keyword=&device=c&utm_source=google&utm_medium=advertising_cpc&utm_campaign=google_search-keyword_dsa_logos_us_en&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs4n8xNCB_gIVv3RvBB2UEQuHEAAYASAAEgJq8fD_BwE

Warmly,

Gus Chaydez

• Like 3

Got it on the list. Thanks!

• 11 months later...

I'm returning to this after a year. It's on LOGOS. This would seem like a no-brainer since it deals specifically with "languages" something I was told, in no uncertain terms, that Accordance prioritized over less important topics.  

Looking back over the new releases, do we need another study bible "Inductive Study Bible"?

Do we need a book titled, "Do We Need the New Testament?"

"Prayers of the Middle Ages"?

I'm not saying these are unimportant, just probably filler. Maybe they are easier to produce than something like "Idioms." But time was invested regardless. Sometimes we just need to look at opportunity costs. 

A quick search for "Idioms" resulted in, "Vincent’s Word Studies in the New Testament," "NICNT: The Gospel of Matthew, by R. T. France," and "First Nations Version." Hardly books on idioms.

A "Prayers" search resulted in 3 pages of returns.

It's not as if this is not a standard on the subject. There are 5 specific returns on Amazon for NT Idioms and Porter tops the list. "$49 to $284." It's regular $60 on LOGOS and on Sale for $26. I could join LOGOS and save a ton rather than purchasing from Amazon.

We all get time and resources are limited for Accorcance staff. And requests, we all know, far out pace the ability to output. 

So it's not an idictment but hopefully a gentle, humble, nudging to prioritize what I was assured was more important than "The Cotton Patch Translation."

Idioms of the Greek New Testament, 2nd ed.

by Stanley E. Porter

Publisher: 

Sheffield Academic Press, 1999

ISBN: 9781850753797

• Like 2

1+

Good pointers. I'll bring it up with our teams.