Just a fun puzzle (which you may use Accordance to help)

Pastor Jonathan

This was handed to me two days ago. I finally was able to look at it yesterday, starting around 4:30 and finished it this morning around 7:30 (I had an activity and then didn't work on it through the night). So it took me probably 45 minutes to an hour all together to solve it. 

But, I thought, I would share it with you all as a fun thing to do. It is pretty self explanitory and therefore, I will only post it. Have fun, try not to use any computer stuff, but again, if you need to, Accordance can help. I was able to do it without any help :). I would post which books, but then that would defeat the purpose of the puzzel itself. When you finish, let's post up how you solved it (by yourself or with Accordance), and how long. But please refrain from giving the books. 

I solved it by myself and to make sure I am not shortchanging, let's say I did it in an hour and a half. 

HAVE FUN!!!!

CAN YOU FIND SIXTEEN BOOKS OF THE BIBLE?

I once made a remark about the hidden books of the Bible. It was a lulu, kept people looking so hard for facts and for others it was a revelation. Some were in a jam, especially since the names of the books were not capitalized. But the truth finally struck home to numbers of readers. To others, it was a real job. We want it to be a most fascinating few moments for you. YES, THERE WILL BE SOME REALLY EASY ONES TO SPOT. Others may require judges to help them. I will quickly admit it usually takes a minister to find one of them, and there will be loud lamentations when it is found. A little lady says she brews a cup of tea, so she can concentrate better. See how well you can compete. Relax now for there are really sixteen names of the books in the Bible in this story (one preacher found fifteen books in 20 minutes---but it took him three weeks to find the sixteenth one). 

ETA: If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me. I will answer as and when I can. If you post a question, I will try to respond there as well. But I cannot give the answers :D. 
Edited by Pastor Jonathan
  • Like 1

• Pastor Jonathan changed the title to Just a fun puzzle (which you may use Accordance to help)

I don't know if it's cheating, but deleting everything that is not text and then searching made it quite easy. 

But I enjoyed the puzzle. 

I think it would make it easier for sure. Because then you just have to type a seach for in the document and it will pull it all out. 

So I am not sure I would say cheating as I didn't put any other rules down. But I was wanting to see who did it by themselves or with help, and how long. 

So I assume you found all 16? It is a fun little puzzle I was given. Glad you enjoyed it. 

• Like 1

I thought this was a fun puzzle, too. Thanks for sharing it!

• Like 1

Glad you liked it, @Abram K-J,

So did you use help with it, or no? 

How long did it take you, roughly? 

I found the first 10 in 2 minutes. I was up to 15 in 10 minutes (no helps so far). Then at 17 minutes, I looked at a list of Bible books to try to help. I finally did a search, but just a single letter at a time (e.g., "J", "R") to try a different approach. Found the last book at about the 20th minute.

It reminded me of puzzles I would do as a kid, so it was a fun diversion!

• Like 1

I've found 15 in about 25 min or so. I just removed all the spaces and punctuation and slowly read through it. The 16th one I'm not sure about. If the words minister and preacher are clues and the book is hidden within that concept, I found that one second, only after lamenting over the lameness of it. If it's not, then I'm stuck. I'll look once again but I have a class to teach soon. lol

Well, I finally tried it.

The first 2/3 were fairly easy. I finally resorted to cheating and used Word to find them. The last one was minor Prophet.

Thanx for sharing that Jonathan 🙂

• Like 1

Ok so apparently I cannot count. I was trying to find 17. lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, josephbradford said:

I've found 15 in about 25 min or so. I just removed all the spaces and punctuation and slowly read through it. The 16th one I'm not sure about. If the words minister and preacher are clues and the book is hidden within that concept, I found that one second, only after lamenting over the lameness of it. If it's not, then I'm stuck. I'll look once again but I have a class to teach soon. lol

There are two that are very well hidden. I will say this, and hopefully not give up too much. 

There are equal (if I counted right) number of New and Old Testament books. If you want a hint, let me know which books you found (PMed) and I will give you a hint if I can. If not, as some said, you can remove the punctuation and do a search function for it. 

:D

1 hour ago, Erhard said:

Well, I finally tried it.

The first 2/3 were fairly easy. I finally resorted to cheating and used Word to find them. The last one was minor Prophet.

Thanx for sharing that Jonathan 🙂

You're welcome. Glad you had fun with it. Yes. For me it was a New Testament one that got me! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, josephbradford said:

Ok so apparently I cannot count. I was trying to find 17. lol

Glad you got it!!!