Easy method to access text bookmarks?

Mike Atnip

So I made a bookmark in my KJV where I can pick up tomorrow reading. But the only way I see to access that bookmark is to scroll all the way to the bottom of the library. It seems that there should be an easier option. I even tried moving "My Tools" to the top of the library (at least it would save me a long scroll or typing in the search option), but it does not move. Nor do the bookmarks seem to be available in the toolbar.

Is there a solution to quickly accessing these? I see that tools such as Dictionaries have a nice dropdown list, but texts do not??

Does Accordance not open to where you left off for you?

I have mine set to open to the last session

image.png.4e547b45ecf29c06cdb2afef7d3573c1.png

I had not been using that setting for other reasons (I shut down sometimes with various work spaces open and didnt want them to open up again). I will give it a try but ultimately I would think that there should be an easier way to access text bookmarks.

I don't know of a way to see all your bookmarks in one place, but when you open a resource that you have bookmarked, you will see a small arrow on the lower left that looks like a well... bookmark. I've always found that feature helpful, as there's no limit to the number of bookmarks you can place.

7 hours ago, Donald Cobb said:

I don't know of a way to see all your bookmarks in one place, but when you open a resource that you have bookmarked, you will see a small arrow on the lower left that looks like a well... bookmark. I've always found that feature helpful, as there's no limit to the number of bookmarks you can place.

Well, now, this is interesting. My usual workspace did not show the bookmark icon. (See attachments) But when I open the bookmark in the library, it shows with the bookmark icon. So I opened the same parallels with the one that shows the bookmark icon, shut down the original one (in which I had made the bookmark) and even restarted a few times to see if the bookmark icon sticks ... and it does. I guess this is one for the developers to scratch their heads about and try to figure out why the bookmark icon did not show up immediately when I made my first bookmark.

Oh well, at least it is working now. 🙂 Thanks!

without bookmark.jpg

with bookmark.jpg

I think I may have figured out what was happening: when a new tab is opened, if that module has no bookmarks then the bookmark icon does not appear. So the reason it was not appearing was because I bookmarked KJV, but the initial module opened in that tab was BHS, then the KJV was paralleled later ... so no bookmark icon. But, when I open a KJV first, then add other parallels, I get the bookmark icon.

I tried this by bookmarking a LXX, and the same happens. If I open the LXX first, then the bookmark icon appears.

Bottom line: the bookmark icon applies only to the first module opened in a tab. (Sorry if I am finally learning something that I should have known already!) Makes sense, although I suppose an upgrade would be that each module opened in parallel could have a bookmark icon appear as well. Maybe that would be confusing to have more than one bookmark icon available?

Yeah, the bookmark icon only shows when there are places bookmarked. Glad you worked it out!

Great discussion here! By the way, “My Tools” are your User Tools. It’s separate from “My Bookmarks”.