Copy As > Citation in Customize Toolbar

Michel Gilbert

It seems that many of us regularly use Copy As > Citation, which requires three clicks starting with either Edit or a right click.

I would request that Copy As > Citation be included in the list of favorite items in Customize Toolbar.

And/or, perhaps someone knows of a way to do this, or an app that can do it.

Thank you.

• Like 1

@Mark Allison @Joe Weaks Do you have any thoughts on this, or do I need to add it as a feature request? I know you’ve both been great at automation and keystrokes.

You might consider customizing the keyboard shortcuts.

Accordance Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts > Copy As

In my case, I set Copy As No Superscript to just Cmd-C since 99% of the time I don't really want the footnotes in my presentation or sermon. You can likewise configure the hotkeys for the various other Copy As functions to suit your liking.

Michel, which platform are you speaking of. Are you not able to customize the keyboard shortcut to your liking, as Dan suggested?

Dan and Joe,

Thanks. I know about keyboard shortcuts but they aren’t an option for me. Without going into personal details, it’s an accessibility issue. So what I’m asking for is a toolbar shortcut. Accordance already offers many of these, just not the one I use the most.

It would be even better if Accordance had a feature like Nisus Writer Pro’s “Add Custom Toolbar Item,” where you can choose any menu item and an icon for it. I was wondering if anyone knew how to do this in Accordance, or if there was an app that could do it.

By the way, thank you Accordance for the verse picker. It is very helpful.

Edit: Joe, I use Accordance almost exclusively on a Mac, Ventura 13.2.1.

I only open Accordance in Windows for testing.

image.png.2a14c75592396c83faad67742d939c9e.png

Edited by Michel Gilbert
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Michel Gilbert said:

an accessibility issue. So what I’m asking for is a toolbar shortcut

Michel,

Absolutely, saying "for accessibility reasons, I want a a toolbar button…"  That is easy to comprehend. The only way for that to happen onto the Accordance toolbar is through a programming solution. They won't put the "Copy As…[ my particular wish]" on the toolbar of course, since that's too specific. A customize toolbar option would be nice, for sure (Maybe then I'd keep the toolbar visible) :) 

Without being specific it has to be toolbar, we helpful-but-not eager beavers will be off brainstorming all other kinds of solutions for you. Hehe.

That said... if you talked to me about the input devices you're using... it IS very possible to assign macros and such in a way that might be helpful. Before sandboxing, I wrote a global toolbar hovered on the right of the screen that had things like Accordance and Word macros on it. The near-deprecated MacBook Touch Bar might have been perfect for you, because you can assign anything to button on there.

You might consider something like the macOS Shortcuts menu, that puts a menu bar icon in the top right in the menu bar and you can have any macros/menu selections/automations/pretty much anything under there... those would all be two-click solutions. More info here.

Edited by Joe Weaks
being insanely helpful
  • Thanks 1

In the meantime, I’ll add some of this as a feature request. 🙂