narrow down the clickable area

Douglas Fyfe

Not sure where to put this or how to entitle it, but this issue has been annoying me on win and iOS. It's the footnote at the end of a verse means that anywhere afterwards is clickable for that note. So if I want to click back in this pane, so I can tab to the search, I cannot click anywhere in this clear area because it will hit engage the footnote and open a new zone. This is bonkers behaviour. image.thumb.png.fcd8ddb3af44f673d4ab1c6f8222bc7b.png

Similarly with iOS, if I want to tap anywhere to show the menu button, and there is a footnote at the end of a verse, it really limits the areas one can click (and there's really not a lot of real estate to play with that won't activate something or other). 

I'm not asking for a lot, just to minimise the area that is dedicated to activate a footnote to anywhere near the footnote. If I click anywhere in that white space, I clearly do not want to open the note file, I just want to activate that pane again. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback! I’ve added this to my feature requests list and marked it cross-platform so we can look at it on both Desktop and Mobile.

Thanks Nathan. It's not really a new feature so much as removing an unwanted behaviour which has entered in (perhaps some might call it a feature?!) but there's not really a forum category for that!

@Nathan Parker

I can't duplicate this bug either on Windows 11 / Accordance 14.0.4.

There's only a small region around the footnote marker 'a' where the cursor turns into the magnifying glass and click-opens the footnotes page; the instant details window shows the reference. Moving slightly away from the footnote marker to a blank region changes the cursor back to the insertion-bar shape. Clicking once or multiple times then does nothing, and the instant details window blanks out (which is normal).

Thanks to both of you that can’t duplicate it. Let me try it on my machines and see what happens.

I can reproduce this on my Mac. Let me chat with our support team to see how to best file this.