Creating a Bibliography at the end of a MSWord document

dgillis

Does anyone have any idea on how to create a bibliography at the end of a document or on a separate page in alphabetical order automatically? An idea would be to select all of the books you have used in a paper (perhaps from the library) and then paste them automatically on a bibliography page, in a bibliographic format. This would be in addition to what is already done at the bottom of a page for footnotes.

• Like 1

It would be nice to be able to do that. So far I have had to manually enter all the sources that I used as per the Microsoft instructions if I wanted a Bibliography.

To get the information for entering it I have used a separate blank document to paste a footnote so that I can get it.

So far, Accordance does not seem to have a way to get the Bibliographic information directly.

Maybe someone else has found a better way?

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/create-a-bibliography-citations-and-references-17686589-4824-4940-9c69-342c289fa2a5

I know you can manually copy bibliographic citations out of Accordance, but I think you have to do it on a per-book basis. 

I personally use Ibidem in Nota Bene to build my bibliographies. I have some info about how I use it on my personal website. Other Accordance users have had great success with Bookends.

Have you gotten this to work with version 14?

Bookends is great! Zotero is not bad either and is free. These apps are designed to do bibliography related tasks and do so much better than Accordance. They also allow for cataloguing print, ebooks, pdf (journal articles), as well as Accordance stuff in the same place. 

Yeah Zotero is popular with students at my seminary.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 3/24/2023 at 12:37 AM, dandennison said:

Hey Dan, cool guide.

Would you happen to know, why there are some books, that I can't export?
I'm trying to export the NET Bible, 2nd ed. with Notes, but it won't allow me

image.png.13c6650250442c9771fff2d3df9076df.png

Bibles aren't supported at the moment. Probably something we could look at adding.