Web Browser in v.14

Anthony Estes

Hello.

I use Scribd a lot in my work. I also use my seminary's website which permits alumni access to ATLA. The web browser in Accordance has been underwhelming, making these sites very difficult to use. Performance is inconsistent. I think I read somewhere that the decision was made not to have to many features in the web browser so that users could be focused on research (I think I heard that on Lighting the Lamp). However, is that really reasonable? Are there any plans for improvements to the Web Browser in v.14?

I don't have an answer to your question, but just out of curiosity - what is the appeal of the internal web browser when you can use any browser of your choice outside the Accordance app?

What specific changes would you like to see in the Accordance Web Browser?

14 hours ago, Lawrence said:

I don't have an answer to your question, but just out of curiosity - what is the appeal of the internal web browser when you can use any browser of your choice outside the Accordance app?

I really like having a web browser in my Accordance workflow. It's especially appreciated when comparing online images of manuscripts or commentaries and books that I have in—ahumm—"other" Bible softwares, and that will probably not be coming to Accordance in the foreseable future. I'd just as soon stay in the Accordance environment as much as possible without having to switch between programs, browsers, etc.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

What specific changes would you like to see in the Accordance Web Browser?

I for one would like to see it act more like a regular browser. I find that web pages often won't open fully, allow copying functionality. Some just don't open at all or freeze up. Also there is no way to use bookmarks or viewing history. What would be very nice would be allowing users to open up the browser of their choice–e.g., Safari, Firefox, etc.—within Accordance. I don't know if that's possible, but it would avoid a lot of the current limitations.

Thanks for the feedback! I don’t know if it’s technically possible to open another browser inside Accordance itself, but I will pass along the feedback on what enhancements you’d like to see in the browser.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 10:37 AM, Donald Cobb said:

I really like having a web browser in my Accordance workflow. It's especially appreciated when comparing online images of manuscripts or commentaries and books that I have in—ahumm—"other" Bible softwares, and that will probably not be coming to Accordance in the foreseable future. I'd just as soon stay in the Accordance environment as much as possible without having to switch between programs, browsers, etc.

Sorry I was a little late coming back to the post. Donald Cobb has put into words exactly what I want. I love the hyperlinks when I'm looking at web search results. But anything more than a basic web search, and the internal browser starts coughing. A singular workflow would be brilliant for me.

• Like 1

Great. Thanks for the feedback!