How do I search for all imperative mood verbs in Ephesians in either KJV or NASB95?

Walter Manthey

How do I do a search for all the imperative mood verbs in a given book using either the KJV or NASB95?

Use the TEXT command along with the RANGE command.

Screenshot 2023-03-18 at 8.35.26 AM.png

• Like 1

Did the OP want English or Greek? Probably he did mean Greek, since I doubt any English translations are coded to show imperative mood English verbs, but it was not clear to me the way it was worded.

Mark and Eric -- Thank You gentlemen!  Mark, I put the string you provided into my KJV search field and it produced the exact same results as you showed (I'm not a Greek or Hebrew guy).  GREATLY appreciate the specific solution!  Could either of you point me in the direction of an Accordance resource, or perhaps a YT video, that covers the use of each of the elements of that search string? (i.e. GNT28-T, or VERB, or RANGE)

43 minutes ago, EricC said:

Did the OP want English or Greek? Probably he did mean Greek, since I doubt any English translations are coded to show imperative mood English verbs, but it was not clear to me the way it was worded.

Using the TEXT command, you can search for any morphological tagging and display the results in any Strong's or GK tagged text. 

Here's a video from David Lang that illustrates how the TEXT command works:

https://www.accordancebible.com/text-command/

• Like 2

Thank you again, Mark!  God bless you and the entire Accordance community for your labor of love.

• Like 2