ETS 2023

Dr. Nathan Parker

Anyone going to ETS 2023 this year? My PhD supervisor just asked me if I want to present a paper this year at ETS based on my PhD dissertation! He would then followup with a paper. It’d be an honor to present alongside him if it happens!

Accordance usually has a booth there, so I guess I could always get some work done for Accordance while I’m there. 🙂 It'd give me a chance to interact with our customers.

• Like 2

Congrats @Nathan Parker!!!!!

Thanks! I haven’t decided if I’m going yet or not (I’ve been offered it, but it hasn’t been finalized). The biggest issue I’d need to overcome is arranging travel. I couldn’t drive there (too long of a drive). Praying about it over the weekend and seeking the Lord’s will on this one.

• Like 1

It sounds like a great opportunity @Nathan Parker - you should follow your academic career as much as you can! what is your PhD on if it is OK to ask?

Sure thing! Major is Systematic Theology, Minor is Biblical Theology. If I get to present, my paper topic would be on Donald Robinson’s position on the Jew and Gentile in redemption history, then Dr. Blaising would followup with how it compares/contrasts with Progressive Dispensationalism.

• Like 1

Hey Nathan. I plan to go and think I may be presenting. I was to present last year when diagnosed with cancer. I'm in a better position now and will resubmit the same proposal that was accepted last year. Anyway, I will be there. Will meet you then!

Sounds great! I’ll find out this week if I get to attend.

• 2 weeks later...

Bad news. Won’t be happening this year. My graduation has been messed up at my school. Likely won’t be going next year either since CA is a bit far. Too bad, but at least I’ll keep serving you all other ways!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Nathan Parker said:

Won’t be happening this year...

Sorry to hear that Nathan, I was looking forward to meeting! 

Yeah, would have been fun!