A question about syncing

Larry Wing

I've been using Dropbox to sync between my two Macbooks with v13. I'd like to go back and try out v14 on one of them (secondary computer) but want to confirm that syncing between the two versions works OK and there aren't any changes in files that v14 makes which aren't compatible with v13 (or 13 not compatible with v14).

Most everything should work fine (notes, papers, etc). The only thing that I don't think will work is a user tool created in 14 is not compatible with 13.  I have v13 and v.14 both installed on one Macbook and haven't had any issues.  

@dmwebb6 is correct. Everything will sync over Dropbox between machines OK, unless you edit a User Tool with 14. Then you won’t be able to open it with 13 since it’ll upgrade it to the 14-only format. So do any User Tool editing on 13 until you’re solely running 14.

We are working on the syncing enhancements we’ve announced with 14. 14.0.5 is going to complete the first phase that gets us one great step closer to getting that out, as well as improving other stuff.

To my knowledge, two. 14.0.5 will introduce some enhancements to the connectivity between Accordance Desktop and Accordance’s servers, then after that, a future update will bring the actual syncing enhancements.