Searchable Manual?

Richard Conaway

Sorry if I'm getting to be a pest...

Is there a searchable manual available for Accordance 13. That way I don't have to ask basic questions. I know there are tutorials which are fine for some things. I'm tech savvy and I usually go for the "low hanging fruit" in the beginning. 

Like the help file?

Help > Accordance Help

I don't know of anything more technical or thorough than the Accordance Help File, but I also have rarely found it helpful if I couldn't do something (it was usually an issue beyond the scope of documentation).

When I try that the only thing that comes up is a blank web browser. OK now I notice there is a URL in it so I put that in my browser it definitely looks like what I'm looking for. Why is it not showing up in the Accordance Web Browser? 

Thanks for the heads up about the Help File. I'll give it a try but I won't be surprised if it has difficult usability.

19 minutes ago, Richard Conaway said:

When I try that the only thing that comes up is a blank web browser. OK now I notice there is a URL in it so I put that in my browser it definitely looks like what I'm looking for. Why is it not showing up in the Accordance Web Browser? 

Yeah, there are issues depending on default web browser in Windows.

Rather than working in the blank tab, click on the arrow point NE at the top right of the pane. That will make the pane pop out into your web browser, and it should display properly there.

image.png.135a892b9bad7edb88ca1411994886b1.png

• Like 1

Have you also tried searching the help files on the accordance main web site from an external browser rather than from within accordance?

https://www.accordancebible.com/help-for-accordance/

I find it requires too many clicks as everything is in single pages and much preferred the pdf training manual they had up to version 11 or 12 which was still searchable but less clicking once you got to the required page. 

35053D6C-E90D-428F-8FDC-ECE7901A5C6E.jpeg

BF85B4C8-A3DD-4BDD-8980-CE912E8F2F29.jpeg

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

There’s also a “Getting Stated with Accordance” module in your library. Additionally, I’m teaching two Basics webinars over the next couple of Thursdays. They might be ideal for you to come to!

https://www.accordancebible.com/webinars/

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ukfraser said:

Have you also tried searching the help files on the accordance main web site from an external browser rather than from within accordance?

https://www.accordancebible.com/help-for-accordance/

I find it requires too many clicks as everything is in single pages and much preferred the pdf training manual they had up to version 11 or 12 which was still searchable but less clicking once you got to the required page. 

I also prefer pdf training manuals re: usability. I would love to see them available as options for the newer versions of Accordance.

We had a PDF manual in the past. I’ll look and see if there’s a way we could revise it and bring it back. I’ve written plenty of PDF manuals in the past (for government clients at my other job), so it’s something I could easily do for Accordance users!

• Like 1