User Tool Webinar

Dr. Nathan Parker

I’d like to teach a User Tool webinar around the end of the month since there’s been a ton of discussion about User Tool changes in Accordance 14. What particular features should I cover in a User Tool webinar? I want to begin researching it and preparing my outline.

Thanks!

• Like 1

I’d suggest you schedule the webinar for after the release of 14.0.5, since I haven’t been able to successfully import a commentary User Tool with 14.0.4, and others continue to report User Tool editing bugs.

• Like 2

Good to know. Thanks!

I'm following. I'd really love to be able to take advantage of the enhanced capabilities. 

Great! I’ll keep you posted when I decide to teach one. I’m going to watch some earlier webinars on User Tools, plus study up on the new changes. I’ll also wait until some of the User Tool edit bugs are resolved.

As I side note, I just noticed after updating my profile picture earlier this year, @Andrew Patterson and I could almost pass for brothers! 🙂 

• Thanks 1

On 3/14/2023 at 2:48 AM, Nathan Parker said:

I’d like to teach a User Tool webinar around the end of the month since there’s been a ton of discussion about User Tool changes in Accordance 14. What particular features should I cover in a User Tool webinar? I want to begin researching it and preparing my outline.

Thanks!

Suggestion: show how to make titles, sections and subsections etc show up in formatting.

I tried putting the little boxes in the margin but they don't seem to affect the way the headings are formatted.

Then again, maybe I'm not using the correct marking-up controls.

image.png.ee3cc60100948fe07619cc8b9524c73f.png

Try putting the T first, then the one under it. Let me know it that works. I can definitely add this to the webinar!

On 3/13/2023 at 2:48 PM, Nathan Parker said:

Thanks!

I have sort of given up trying to make links to a Strong's number while making my own lexicon (or rather notes based on lexemes). I assumed a bug in the system that will need worked out. Overall, to be honest, the linking system has been hit or miss (with a good number of crashes while trying to implement them). I have been waiting for an update. But since the feature is not extremely important at the moment, I just do without it. It is possible that I am not doing things correctly. The documentation seems sparse.

On 3/20/2023 at 1:35 PM, Nathan Parker said:

Great! I’ll keep you posted when I decide to teach one. I’m going to watch some earlier webinars on User Tools, plus study up on the new changes. I’ll also wait until some of the User Tool edit bugs are resolved.

As I side note, I just noticed after updating my profile picture earlier this year, @Andrew Patterson and I could almost pass for brothers! 🙂 

Thanks, I appreciate it! Very excited for what everything will look like soon(ish?) 

I'd never noticed before, but I absolutely see it! I do have family in Arkansas.... 😛