User Bible Titles

Schulschlus

Since Accordance recently added paragraph titles, I wondered if it is possible to add those to user bibles? If so, how?

I only found this following post on editing user bible texts, and it doesn't mention it, but I thought I would check, since this article might be outdated.

https://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/14-Win/index.htm#t=win14%2Fcontent%2Ftopics%2F05_dd%2Fpreparing_the_text-ub.htm&rhsearch=user bible

Hi @Schulschlus,

I might be mistaken, but I would suspect that it is not possible, as User Bibles are currently pretty limited in their formatting. What is coming to mind is the fact that User Bibles don't have the ability to create footnotes (especially for cross-referencing other  hyperlinked passages), and while I might be wrong, I think these headings would fall under a similar category.

Hopefully I am mistaken, or if not, that Accordance adds this and hyperlinked footnotes in the future.

Kristin

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback! I’ve added this to our feature requests list.

• Like 1

@Schulschlus, I think this would be a moderately complicated feature to add. Texts that have section titles don’t store them in the Text file, but in the linked Notes Tool, along with footnotes. So before User Texts could have section titles, they would have to have a way to create a linked Notes Tool. So either User Text import would create both a Text and a linked Tool, or there would have to be a way to associate the imported Text with a user-created Tool that contains footnotes and/or section titles.

Makes sense. I like the ease in formatting of user bibles, but maybe user commentaries will have more options, I just don't know yet how to use them well.