User Tool Scripture Crash

josephbradford

I have seen where Accordance 14 is crashing. Is this because of User Tools?

I created a tool, no problem. I linked the scripture, no problem. I opened the tool and hovered over scripture and it didn't populate in the instant details window at the bottom. I clicked on it and it crashed.

I have actually created two different user tools and linked the scriptures in two different ways. One manually, the other with the link all. Both crash equally as well. 

If this is a known issue great. Otherwise, what am I doing wrong?

What version of Accordance 14 and macOS are you on?

Also, if you can give me a rundown of the process you’re using in the User Tools (and even send me the User Tool files), that’ll help me pinpoint what’s occurring.

There have been various crash reports submitted, but I’d need to dig into it to see if your particular issue is a known issue or a new issue I need to report to our teams.

I had this happen a while back.  I was certain I had reported it in the forums but can’t find the post. (Nathan, if you want to look for it, it is likely in the Mac beta forums, as I’m a beta tester) it resolved, but I don’t remember what I did to get it to do so.  If the post I thought I made about i can be found, it might say how I got it fixed. 

I’ll DM you @Lorinda H. M. Hoover and see if we can dig that post up.

I still have had not luck trying to find the post I thought I made about this issue.  That said, I think I remember what I did that fixed it: I believe I edited the User tool, undoing the link, and then creating the link again--probably through the auto link function in the User Tool Edit window.  While several hyperlinks in that tool caused the crash, my memory is that I only had to undo and redo one of them to fix it. 

I'm on Accordance 14. I found a tutorial from Accordance that explained how to create tools. It was for an older version but it worked just fine. Like I said, everything worked great but the scroll over didn't produce the scripture and when I clicked on it it just restarted. In one case, after I had created all of the titles (levels 1 through 3, and they showed up just fine) I created about 3 or 4 links manually in one of the modules. It crashed. Then I created another module, and thought, maybe I should use the all at once feature. I clicked on it and it made links of every reference just fine. But they too didn't show up and crashed when I clicked it.

Can you send me the User Tool file? I can try testing it on my end.

I'm having the same issue. I have Accordance 14.0.4. I created a new User Tool. Added a link. When hovering over the link nothing shows up in Instant Details. When clicking on the link Accordance Crashes. I'm attaching the User Tool and the crash log. This particular crash is on my 2017 iMac. It also happens on my MacBook Air M1.

Accordance 2023-03-08 at 21.19.59.crash.txt UserToolCrashing.acc7

Thanks for this! I’ll test it as soon as I can. I have a handful of bug reports I need to test (might be next week before I get them all done).

@Nathan Parker You are most welcome. Thanks for looking into this. Just to give you a few more details, this issue only happens when creating a “Scripture/Text” type link. There is no problem when creating a Resource Link. The other odd thing is that I can add a “Scripture/Text” link (using Accordance 14) in any User Tool  that was originally created with Accordance 13 and there are no issues with hovering over the link or clicking on it.

Thanks for the update. Might be this weekend or early next week before I get on this, but will check.

I can confirm this crash. I’ll show it to our teams.

The same thing crashes on Windows 11.

Create link in user tool. Update. Hover over link shows nothing. Click on link > crash

(BUT... if I change it from general to another type, then reopen, sometimes it does not crash.)

Accordance Crash Log
Crashed at: 21:40:46:777 On: 14 of Mar, 2023  Eastern Daylight Time

Accordance Aleph 14.0.3b2 (14.0.2.2)
Windows 10 (10.0.22621)
RAM: 6633MB free of 16126MB total
Disc: 605GB free of 953GB total

Address:   $009FBE69

Backtrace:
  $009FBE69
  $00BDF2B1
  $00BDEFEB
  $0095A571