Need for more dispensational resources

LylePhillips

I am an associate pastor of a Calvary Chapel. There are thousands of Calvary Chapels throughout the world. As such, a theological distinctive is dispensational when it comes to eschatology, I would love to be able to recommend Accordance to the many pastors in that movement, but I am seeing more and more reformed resources in the Accordance offerings and very few of the dispensational position. Because of this I am now leaning toward moving toward the Logos platform because the offerings available are a better fit for me. I have used Accordance for many, many years. I prefer the greater simplicity and intuitive approach to its use over Logos, which has a stiffer learning curse. Please consider this comment and suggestion.

I agree. While I love the resources available by the reformed brothers, I would like to see many more dispensational works if possible. 

Post some requests for the titles of dispensational modules you wish to see over in our “module requests” section, and I’ll get them added to the list for us to look into. That’ll help us to know what particular dispensational modules you’re interested in. I agree that I’d love to see more of these as well!

For the record, other Bible software platforms also offer a wide range of Reformed resources in comparison to dispensational resources (Accordance is not alone in this area). There is quite a wealth of resources out there from a Reformed perspective! However, I’m always up to hearing more about dispensational resources, so let us know what you’re interested in!

One such source are Constables complete commentary on the whole Bible. It available on both Logos and Olive Tree.

Thanks for that! If you can post that to the “Module Requests” forum with a link to some more info about the book (even the Logos or Olive Tree edition would do), that’ll help me get the necessary info I need to file the request (plus it might generate some additional discussion from other users interested in it).

In the meantime, have you checked out the recently released Biblical Theology of the Old Testament & Biblical Theology of the New Testament by the DTS Staff? They look to be a good companion for those who own the Bible Knowledge Commentary.

They are excellent resources for a dispensational Biblical Theology. I have used them heavily in Logos in the past, and glad to see them come to Accordance!

One option in this area of thought that I have found helpful are books published by Kress.

https://www.kressbiblical.com

Some of the following would be good places to start.

Vlach, Michael J. The Old in the New: Understanding How the New Testament Authors Quoted the Old Testament. The Woodlands, TX: Kress, 2021.

Forsaking Israel: How it Happened and Why it Matters. ed. Larry D Pettegrew. The Woodlands, TX: Kress, 2020.

Waymeyer, Matthew W. Amillennialism and the Age to Come: A Premillennial Critique of the Two-Age Model. The Woodlands, TX: Kress, 2016.

Pettegrew, Larry Dean. The New Covenant Ministry of the Holy Spirit. The Woodlands, TX: Kress, 2013.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/5/2023 at 11:22 PM, LylePhillips said:

One such source are Constables complete commentary on the whole Bible. It available on both Logos and Olive Tree.

Can you tell us more about Constable?  What I like to see is the original posted at the top of the page (like Alford). Then I want to see comments written by (if Greek), somebody who knows all the Greek corpus, who began Greek as a child, & can say, this turn of expression in Paul's letter, is much like that in Diodorus Siculus chapter 103, verse 64, except that DS has it in the subjunctive mood instead of the indicative. Then he quotes DS.

On 3/4/2023 at 9:56 AM, LylePhillips said:

As such, a theological distinctive is dispensational when it comes to eschatology, I would love to be able to recommend Accordance to the many pastors in that movement, but I am seeing more and more reformed resources in the Accordance offerings and very few of the dispensational position.

Accordance does have several dispensational works:

• Expositor's Bible Commentary series
  • Various MacArthur, Ryrie, and Walvoord works
  • 3 Views on Millennium (Blasing)
  • 3 Views on Rapture (Blasing)
  • 4 Views on Revelation (Robert Thomas)
  • Chafer's Systematic Theology
  • James Montgomery Boice's commentary on Daniel
  • Warren Wiersbe's BE Series
  • Patterson on Revelation (New American Commentary)
  • Busenitz on Joel/Obadiah (Mentor OTC)
  • J Vernon McGee Thru the Bible Commentary
  • Journals: BibSac / The Master's Seminary Journal / Journal of Dispensational Theology / 

This is just scratching the surface. There are many more.

Best,

Dan

• Like 1

@cralford Post any module requests you have in the “Module Requests” forum so we can easily track them (and see how many users are interested in certain modules).

On 3/8/2023 at 3:50 PM, Nathan Parker said:

Post any module requests you have in the “Module Requests” forum so we can easily track them (and see how many users are interested in certain modules).

Nathan

Good point. Just did it

Great. Thanks!