Christ-Centered Exposition Commentary (25 Volumes)

Tim Hall

So I noticed the great sale on this commentary set and it has my interest peaked. I thought I'd ask everyone to get some feedback on the set. For those who have it (especially, but not only, preachers), have you found it helpful and useful?

Thanks for the help!!

• Thanks 1

Here’s Proverbs 3:5-6

2023-03-02_15-55-06.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm currently working through the volume on 2 Peter and Jude to reinforce what my pastor is teaching in his current Sunday expository preaching series. I've been very happy with it so far (we just finished through 2 Peter 2:16). Compared to other expository commentary series I've used, I find it somewhere in between the MacArthur NT Commentary series and the Reformed Expository Commentary series.

However, note that the current series Accordance offers is not completely up-to-date. For example, it lacks the 2 Peter and Jude volume, which was published in late 2018.

• Thanks 2

We have been requesting updates to this series for over 3 years now and none have been forthcoming, see thread above.

Practically given up that this will be be addressed anytime soon as there has been no update to this set in over 5 years since it was first added to Accordance, which is such a shame. At the time there were 8 missing volumes, now I believe there are 18 missing volumes, as the set listed on the publisher website lists 43 volumes covering 57 books of the Bible. https://christcenteredexposition.bhpublishinggroup.com

Why sell a partial commentary set and not keep it up to date with the publisher for such a long time? The same has happened to Tyndale Commentary set with older threads discussing that too. Hopefully someone in the Accordance team will read this and revive updates to these sets or let us know how long until an update may happen.

Thanks Paul 

• Like 2

I’ve started a new list of module requests that I’ve been sharing with our licensing manager, and I’ll make sure CCEC updates are added to the requests list.

Tyndale Commentary is something we’re in the process of discussing with the publisher about. I believed the publisher changed ownership a while back, but we in discussions with them on adding additional volumes (no ETA on an official announcement at the moment).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nathan Parker said:

Tyndale Commentary is something we’re in the process of discussing with the publisher about. I believed the publisher changed ownership a while back, but we in discussions with them on adding additional volumes (no ETA on an official announcement at the moment).

From previous threads, There is an ongoing tension between offering sets and offering individual volumes, can you also find out if the updated volumes from sets like tyndale are likely to be available as individual volumes as well as upgrade set prices? (There are a couple of the new ones im interested in but i gave my complete set in hard copy away to someone who was just started training as i had stopped using them due to other resources i had built up in accordance and am not particularly interested in getting them again. But im not too worried and can live without the latest volumes if you are keeping it to sets.)

Edited by ukfraser

I’ll find out. It might depend on the publisher.