Specify location of “Accordance Files” folder

Michel Gilbert

I clicked to open Accordance and got this message:

SpecifylocationofAccordanceFilesfolder.png.db4ff0493929dce9c5ecc9450afdb3ed.png

What folder does this refer to? I searched and the only folders with that name have nothing to do with the program, they are personal folders on my backup SSD. And yes, I can see and searched the hidden folders.

And why did I get this message all of a sudden?

Thanks.

Michel

M1, Ventura 13.2; Accordance 14.04 (I think, since I can't open it)

That should be the one stored in your Documents folder that contains highlights, user tools, etc. I’m watching this thread, as I need to know how to manually specify the location of the Accordance Files folder myself (I need to do it on my Windows PC). I remember doing it a while back but forgot how I did it.

Not sure why you got the message all of a sudden. Were you using 14.0.4 and 13.2 before the issue occurred?

1 hour ago, Nathan Parker said:

That should be the one stored in your Documents folder that contains highlights, user tools, etc. I’m watching this thread, as I need to know how to manually specify the location of the Accordance Files folder myself (I need to do it on my Windows PC). I remember doing it a while back but forgot how I did it.

Not sure why you got the message all of a sudden. Were you using 14.0.4 and 13.2 before the issue occurred?

If I remember right, that box comes up if you move or delete the folder. If you move the folder somewhere else, it should ask you to specify.

@Nathan Parker

"That should be the one stored in your Documents folder that contains highlights, user tools, etc"

- none of these folders were there

"Were you using 14.0.4 and 13.2 before the issue occurred?"

- No. I’ve been using 14 since the beta version. I do have the 14 Aleph version on my machine but I havn’t opened it up in months.

@Erhard

"that box comes up if you move or delete the folder. If you move the folder somewhere else, it should ask you to specify"

- I did not move or delete any of these folders. I only have the base M1 Mac mini with 256 GB so I am very careful about what I put on that drive and I rarely delete anything. Most of my files are on an external SSD. I am so careful that I try to keep about half of the internal drive empty. Almost everything happens on my 1 TB external drive.

What happened is that eventually another popup came up that asked me to “Please choose the location that you would like Accordance to create the ‘Accordance Files’ folder.” So I chose “Documents.” When I did it said something about my highlights and user notes folders being removed or lost, or something like that, and new default folders being created.

So, Accordance does load now. But it is so disheartening to have to go through so many things with Accordance. I gave up years ago posting bugs, leaving it to others. But not opening when I needed it was demoralizing. I’ve been using computer programs since 1988, and I’ve said before on this forum and I’ll say it again, Accordance is the buggiest program I have ever used. But since it is so important to my work and life, I’ve resigned myself to the fact it crashes often (with many of my attempted searches). But having problems starting on well-take care of, relatively new machine (not even six months) is . . . .

Thanks for the feedback! I’m not sure why this happened in the first place. If it happens again, call Tech Support so we can try to pinpoint what the cause is.

Also, any other bug reports you encounter, definitely post them here! One of my roles here is to personally test all bug reports that come in and get them over to our developers for resolution.

• Like 1