Questions after hiatus of several years

Barbara Buck

I'm getting back to using Accordance after many years of paging through physical books, so for all practical purposes I could be considered a new user. I'm using Accordance 14.0.4.0 on a Dell 15" laptop. All software is the latest version.

I have many questions even after watching tutorials, YouTube videos and Webinars. I suppose in the grand scheme of things they're small, but they're driving me buggy. If anyone could chime in with an answer, I would appreciate it.

1          How to get Accordance 14 to always start in full screen.  I've seen this addressed on Windows forums, so I'm assuming it's a Windows problem?

2          When I click and drag over text the color is very dark - very difficult to read through. Where in the Preferences can I change this color to something lighter so I can read the underlying text? I've been through everything, so I'm possibly blind...

3          Is there a way to reset Accordance to original default settings?

4          Is there a way to scroll through information in the Instant Details pane or must I always just increase the size of the pane to fit?

5          Are there any hidden repercussions to deleting unused texts - in my case I would like to delete all non-English texts - will anything get broken?

6          Is there a way to get the handouts that are used in the Webinars?

7        If I go to the website and try to click on files I get an error..."There has been a critical error on this website." Again, it's been several days.

9          If I try to check for content update I get a persistent error..."Error processing online information. There may be a problem with the servers. Please try again later." Again, well over a week. I've tried logging out and logging back in, no change.

10        Is there a way to copy or print all of my bible notes?

A lot of your questions I can't answer, as I work mostly on Mac.  But A few I can:

5: There are no repercussions to deleting most unused texts.  I say Most because it's possible that deleting tagged original language texts will afftec some features.  Name, those features that pull data from tagged original language texts to give more information in Instant Details of tagged English texts. 

9: When you get this error, try clicking on the "Easy Install" button/tab/toggle near the top of the Content Update window, and then toggling back to Content Updates after Easy Install has run its check.  For most WIndows users, this allows them to see and download content updates.  (Yes, it is a bug, and a Windows specific one, but at least there is a workaround until they get it fixed)

10: Open the notes file in question; use the search entry section to specify the range you want to print (e.g. Psalms); hit control-P.  That should bring up the print dialog.

In terms of 7, what url are you using, and what files are you clicking on?

Also, welcome back!

#2 - I think this would be a windows setting -  when you scroll over to highlight text in other programs (besides Accordance) is the color dark as it is in Acc?

#4 - if you hold the alt key down and click your word or hypertext it should bring up instant details in a detached tab that you can scroll through

59 minutes ago, Barbara Buck said:

I'm getting back to using Accordance after many years of paging through physical books, so for all practical purposes I could be considered a new user. I'm using Accordance 14.0.4.0 on a Dell 15" laptop. All software is the latest version.

I have many questions even after watching tutorials, YouTube videos and Webinars. I suppose in the grand scheme of things they're small, but they're driving me buggy. If anyone could chime in with an answer, I would appreciate it.

1          How to get Accordance 14 to always start in full screen.  I've seen this addressed on Windows forums, so I'm assuming it's a Windows problem?

2          When I click and drag over text the color is very dark - very difficult to read through. Where in the Preferences can I change this color to something lighter so I can read the underlying text? I've been through everything, so I'm possibly blind...

3          Is there a way to reset Accordance to original default settings?

4          Is there a way to scroll through information in the Instant Details pane or must I always just increase the size of the pane to fit?

5          Are there any hidden repercussions to deleting unused texts - in my case I would like to delete all non-English texts - will anything get broken?

6          Is there a way to get the handouts that are used in the Webinars?

7        If I go to the website and try to click on files I get an error..."There has been a critical error on this website." Again, it's been several days.

9          If I try to check for content update I get a persistent error..."Error processing online information. There may be a problem with the servers. Please try again later." Again, well over a week. I've tried logging out and logging back in, no change.

10        Is there a way to copy or print all of my bible notes?

HI Barbara

for the background color see this article  https://www.thewindowsclub.com/change-background-color-of-highlighted-text-windows-10

Accordance has an issue right now when it opens as to the size and placement of the window, hopefully 14.0.5 will fix that

When you delete texts or resources, you may want to hide them by clicking on the gear icon in "easy install" There you can hide or restore selected item. That way you do not have them show up all the time when you purchase new resources.

image.thumb.png.9710302fe3e1246d58194288612c08f1.png

In terms of resetting to default, I am guessing, so someone else may chime in, but if you delete the preferences in C-Program data-Accordance- Accordance preferences, that should clear them

Welcome back! I believe our users have answered most of your questions. On the handouts to webinars, feel free to DM me anytime with the names of the webinars you want handouts to, and I can try hunting them down for you.

By the way, I joined the Accordance family in January (I was a longtime Accordance user before then), so if there’s any questions you have, let me know anytime!

As a workaround for window-sizing, clicking on the window and pressing Windows+UpArrow (together) will maximise the window if it isn't already maximised.

Pressing other arrow keys with the Windows key moves the window to other positions/sizes.

This is particularly useful when Accordance opens with the top of the window poking above your monitor, or opens the window outside the monitor altogether.

• Like 1